1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Medieval II Total War(I think it's the best game ever).

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Justinian20, May 22, 2015.

1. Justinian20

Medieval II Total War is the best game I've ever played and it just is so immersive for me and it is breathtaking. I feel as if I am commanding great armies into battle and that feeling for the creative and nerdy guy in me is the perfect feeling. It's perfect in the creative avenue as you have the generals(you know what that is the biggest difference ever, having actual general figures take command at the head of your armed forces). The music I love it and it just feels so epic in nature, the music plays more intensely when your soldiers are in the midst of combat.

I sound like a fanboy of Total War don't I. Well I honestly think the modern total wars are too much of a gamey total war. The best total war is one that just grants you the freedom to not have to focus too much on building up your towns. In Rome II as an example(in the campaign it's just a backward and forward game of town capturing), because not many soldiers are protecting the city. On the other hand, Medieval II captures great intensity as sometimes you can pounce on unguarded towns by attacking your enemy when they are at war with any empire, that opponent though will sometimes try and take your towns with a pretty decent army. I think mods, make the AI better in every way as they don't attack with small armies, but with at least above 500 soldiers. So mods do make it a lot better in fact I am so awed at the Elder Scrolls Total War Mod.

I'm having the best experience in gaming ever and I love it so much. It's so beautiful and I feel like wow, this game has been made for me. You don't need talent, you just need a really creative and imaginative mind to enjoy this game. 10/10 and it's probably the only game that gets that score from me,

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I loved Medieval 2 more because of its time period and getting to see the evolution of your empire. Looking back late in the game at your massive concentric citadels and *ahem* tracts of land :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: and remembering it used to be a wooden palisade with hardly two sacks of flour to defend. Unfortunately it's getting pretty dated as of late; I think it's partially surpassed by Mount & Blade: Warband because not only are there elements of politics, strategy, and tactical maneuvering in pitched battles and castle assaults, but it's all from the perspective of a single soldier you play RPG-style to participate in the huge conflicts.

I say "partially" though because it's still not on the same scale as Total War. I remember being hooked on the first one as if it were an actual addiction. It's that freaking turn-based system! XD And of course getting to vie for Europe(and the surrounding lands) and watch the machinations of the competing states has not yet found an equal feeling.

#2 Argentwing, May 22, 2015
    Last edited: May 22, 2015
  3. Alisa Arwen

My main problem with Medieval II was how close it was in many ways to Rome.
    It felt like a substantial patch or mod rather than a new game in its own right.