1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pokemon "The save file could not be accessed" problem

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by BigBadBasher, May 25, 2015.

1. BigBadBasher

So I have White 2 from a friend, yet even he knows about the error message "saved data could not be accessed." I'm wondering how this can get fixed, yet nowhere does it give a good explanation for a simpleton like me. All I want to know is, how does a save file become inaccessible, IF it can be fixed, and how to prevent it from happening. The only details I can provide is that my friend likes using these apps and websites and an AR(which is no longer working for some reason) to obtain a complete pokedex and pokemon via the latter. Could it be that all that is what caused this to happen, cause he gave me pokemon black, which also contains pokemon obtained this way, yet it still works. I want to know how to prevent inaccessible saves from happening to me, especially since I have a number of pokemon in my pokemon white game, my current main game(I don't have a 3ds) which contains ALL my best pokemon, and I'd like to not lose any progress of time I've had training them. I've looked into buying a nds adapter plus, but I'm not sure if it'll work. Like I don't want to lose my progess in White, so I'd use the adapter to keep my progress. But what if out of no where my White gets this error message and I try to recover it using the save from the adapter. Will it work, or am I basically gonna have to get a new White just to recover the damages?