1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FPS in gaming

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by anthonythegamer, Jun 8, 2015.

1. I really need help buying a computer, mostly because my current one is from 2011 and I began to play newer PC games like League of Legends S5 in 2014. It sucks at receiving internet, to the point where I have to buy an adapter for it and change the location of the router.

My current computer (laptop) lags a lot. It's a pain to play League of Legends when FPS is constantly down at 5-15 FPS. Hey, at least I've managed to get to level 21.

I want to ask you guys what affects FPS the most? Is it the CPU, RAM, Hard Drive, what is it? I need to know so I cold place more emphasis on it when I get my computer. Plus, if it's not ideal, I would like to know so I could replace that part in the future.

2. Knave

The CPU and graphics card are the two things that you're going to want to focus on for fps and graphics quality. and if you want to decrease load times then you'll want to get more ram and potentially a solid state drive. Also laptops aren't the best for gaming unless you plan on investing in a gaming laptop which is going to get expensive fast and probably run you at least $1500-$2000. A desktop will be half that price.

If you do go the laptop route make sure it has a dedicated graphics card.

3. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good advice, if you're considering a laptop. :slight_smile: