1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Total War Campaign strategy

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Justinian20, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Justinian20

I'd like to share my gaming campaign in this thread and it will retain all my restarts and achievements in my Third Age Total War campaign.

It is in middle earth, part of my empire is the Shire, Hobbiton and other places. I have Bree, Annimunas and in my current campaign I have started aggressively attacking the Orcs of Gundabad, gaining two settlements, Coldfells, and the capital Gram. I restarted my previous game as I gained little money when I was trying to reform the Arnorian kingdom.

I am the Free Peoples of Eriador led by King Aragorn and Gandalf the Grey is one of my commanders. I now plan to destroy the Orcs of Gundabad because I might lose the second siege of Gram, but I will take the citadel of the Orcs of Gundabad with a glorious army led by Halbarad. This will ensure they are defeated by me and I will claim all their lands and then take the east Orcs of the Misty Mountains. After I deal with them, I will then take on Isengard itself and hopefully then I can remake Arnor cause all the enemies will be dealt with.

2. Justinian20

Hooray! I have done it, the Kingdom of Arnor is reforged, via this tactic of aggression against the enemy, meanwhile I love that the Dwarves have actually taken over the Misty Mountains because of my ruthless aggression in eliminating the Orcs of Gundabad thus allowing for the Dwarves and High Elves to focus on the Orcs of the Misty Mountains.

So to update from where I left off, surprisingly I defended Gram for the second siege and then I launched an assault on Litash now I had a setback with the first siege of Carn Dum, getting defeated, but the second siege was a success and it was uphill from there, I lost Litash and Athilin for a small while but reclaimed Athilin before I besieged Carn Dum for a second time.

Now for a bit of lore, Carn Dum is actually Angmar, and was the starting point for the Witch King of Angmar, who we know from the movies. This was a big achievement but after retaking Litash I tried to let the Dwarves do what was required but they failed to take Gundabad and so in a surprise attack, while I dealt with a couple of attacks from the Orcs of the Misty Mountains, they took Carn Dum and Gram back, but with my quick reaction to this, I launched my counter attack and afterwards resolved to take Gundabad out of the equation not expecting a large army. Above 1500 orcs resided in Gundabad and to my surprise the first siege of Gundabad was a failure and so I resolved to build a greater army all the while dealing with the Orcs of the Misty Mountains who were just a thorn in my side. So with help from the Dwarves I besieged Gundabad and won the second siege eliminating my main foe. The Orcs of Misty Mountains took Coldfells and we had a tug of war with that town as I sent an army to defeat them but then they sent an army to attack it again, and they took it due to easily outnumbering me and the fact it is a town as well meaning it's hard to recruit a good defence.

Phase three was well an attack on Staddle by the Orcs of the Misty Mountains and Gandalf almost defended it by himself but he was defeated by them. I lost the one Ring which I gained by my first siege of Carn Dum. But I planned to recapture both Coldfells which was becoming by far a warzone and Staddle, I retook both places and then I built the house of Kings, I bought Barrow Downs off my allies and then I attacked striking quickly taking Hoarwell with help from the High Elves and North Tharbad of which the High Elves besieged before I left and decided to wait for Isengard to defeat them so I could take North Tharbad. Two turns later and the reformation is complete, HOOOOORAY for me.