1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nice gamers

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by -Michael-, Jun 13, 2015.

1. -Michael-

Not sure if people can link away from EC anymore but oh well.

Anyone know of like a forum or something for gamers who aren't total jerk offs.

Like the fact everyone seems to be a total douche doesn't put me off gaming, but i havent worn a headset in 6 years for a reason.

Unless you have a positive K/D ratio or you know every aspect of every thing in that games, chances are some meat head is gonna call you a fag or some shit.

Like would it kill someone to go 'build this instead of that'
    Or 'I'll show you the ropes'
    or 'Ha, better luck next time'

Generally, i'm bored of children calling ME kid. It was really funny at first, but now i just want to play games and have fun, not get stressed out because i didn't build enough life steal or some shit.

2. slushhhhy

Out Status:
    Some people
    i'm probably not that nice if someone's doing something terrible in a game, but i wouldn't tell them that. it's for my ears only...

i think calling people names and such is offensive and unhelpful, hence when i namecall, it's usually impulsive and out loud and not aimed at them (and in the privacy of my bedroom). there could be a plethora of things going wrong in their life and they didn't need to be called a fag or anything else on top of that.

i should probably mention i've had a bit to drink, hence the rambling.

anyways, in answer to your question i don't know of a good forum, and i don't have many friends on steam i could recommend (assuming you're a pc gamer that has steam). like i say i consider myself a nice gamer and any curse words or w/e wouldn't be against anyone.... idk what i'm saying really unhelpful response i'm sorry

3. -Michael-

It's just I play games to have fun, not necessarily win. I know for some winning is the fun. But they get so up tight about someone who is either new or learning.

It become laughable when people report you for it.

4. Justinian20

I'm a nice gamer but then I don't play a lot of multiplayer cause I know I am gonna be one of the worst players in the game. Yes my brother is one of the best but I am one of the worst in terms of skill. So I would need help first but maybe that is why I'm nice in games. I'm not very good so I make up for it by being a nice gamer

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heh, if "kid" is the worst you've been called, you've been very lucky. I wouldn't mind people calling me that at all, because I may be most of the way to 30 (are you frickin' serious? X.X), but I still have some kid tendencies.

I've found the best results when going to a site for a specific game, especially those that attract cerebral types. It might work for an RTS but definitely not for CoD.

6. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello everyone, just to clarify: unfortunately you can't post links to gaming (or other) forums here, because there's potential for members to exchange contact details which is obviously against our Code of Conduct.

However... I feel you pain! For example, I like Destiny - and there's this new (somewhat hardcore) PvP mode that requires a team of 3 to enter. My friends don't like PvP but I'd like to try it out, and see how far I get. Unfortunately, everyone on the LFGs and forums say "you better have a perfect run, no time wasters!" - they even tell you what weapons and character you should have. It sort of takes the fun out of having fun.

I'd try looking at social media groups for the games that you're interested in. Some are just dire, but others aren't too bad. :slight_smile:

7. starlights

Out Status:
    A few people
    I can't even. I just had a bad interaction with someone online today and I was already tired and emotional, so it got to me. That's a big reason why I quit WoW years ago, and why I usually avoid multiplayer unless it's low pressure and casual.

Well, we can't recommend sites, but maybe we could recommend games that have generally nice people and good communities.

8. Meebinator

Meebinator Guest

I often have this problem. I play online games but often hate talking to other players because of some of them can be very rude.

9. Sienrar

I am a regular at the TF2 Steam discussions. If only I could say it was nice . . .