1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kingdom Hearts 3!!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Simple Thoughts, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Simple Thoughts

2. conster

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Cannot wait! I watched the conference live, great news and cannot way to play KH3

3. Simple Thoughts

I'm excited X3

4. ConfusedguyZZ

Oh my god. Am I the only one that I cried??

5. Lazuri

Why are everybody so surprised? It was confirmed like two years ago.

6. Minamimoto_Fan

Because hopefully it isn't going to be stuck in development hell for much longer

7. Simple Thoughts

I'm excited to get a chance to play it

8. Tamanofu

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    time to sell my ps3 once those titles are released!

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I can remember the first Kingdom Hearts...

While I've known about this for a while, the more I see and hear, the more it has me debating whether to just throw down for a PlayStation 4. I'd really like to play another Kingdom Hearts game, though I hope it strays away from the cliche elements that Kingdom Hearts 2 was showing...

Yeah, I didn't like the Organization. I know, to many, that makes me a heretic. But there was still enough to the game to make it a solid experience, even if I do prefer the first one.

10. Hiems

Just another reason for me to buy a PS4 (in addition to Persona 5, ofc) :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

11. Jellal

If you didn't like KH2 I think KH3 will just be more disappointment. I don't think the Kingdom Hearts series is actually bad. The games aren't bad. Far from it, the gameplay is solid (even though it's not my style, by KH2 it was too fast for me) the games look gorgeous and the soundtracks are wonderfully done. But I can't stand the story/character elements. I couldn't care less about Xehanort's 'complex' backstory, or Sora carrying around multiple peoples' hearts inside of him, there is hardly any sense of stakes or risk. Even if a world is threatened by darkness or whatever, what's really at risk? Maybe one merchant, a moogle, and 2 or 3 cardboard cutouts of a disney character.

You're not alone in hating the Organization. Every scene with them in it gives me a feeling like sitting down on a gas station toilet seat. And I know there's a "new organization" of 13 members in KH3 which is even more randomly slapped together than the first.

I'm not remotely hyped, this series is just NOT my thing. It'll be fun to watch someone else play though, and I'm interested in the soundtrack. I have to question buying a console for it, unless you really think you're a dedicated fan of the series it's not worth it. You could always play some of the older ones first (the final mixes, birth by sleep, etc.) to err on the side of caution.

12. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I liked the fact I was sticking up for the various Disney worlds. Like, what cruel bastards want to mess with Winnie the Pooh?

I've played one of the Game Boy Kingdom Hearts games. I have also skimmed a few articles, so I have an idea of what is going on.

My favorite part of those games, aside from the combat system and, as you said, the soundtrack, is exploring the Disney worlds. I found those side stories a lot more compelling, especially in the second game, than the major elements. I suspect the same will be my experience in the third game, and I'm okay with that.

As for getting a console just for that game, no. I've been thinking about it for a while now, what to choose between the X-Box One and the PlayStation 4. I could get a PlayStation 4 for $100, so the price isn't really a concern for me, it's whether or not I could better utilize that $100. So far, yes, there are other, better ways.

13. Lazuri

It never was.

Or an Xbox One. Everybody keeps going on about how Sony won this E3 but it's literally only because of the FF7 remake and The Last Guardian. FF7 is a remake so it should not get nearly as much cred as it has and The Last Guardian, while most likely still awesome, is so ridiculously overhyped at this point that it has zero chance of living up to expectations. Microsoft, on the other hand, actually showed off some new interesting IPs and a new piece of interesting hardware.

And about the Organization, I kind of hated them too, mostly because they made no sense. Everybody keeps going on about how they have no hearts and are only "pretending" to have emotions, but Axel, Roxas and several others clearly do. So if pretending to have emotions is that real, what's the difference? Sora literally treats them like garbage on several occasions and says stuff like "you don't even have a heart" as though that's all that matters. In short, it made Sora look like some sort of racist asshole, and that annoys me.

However, I still much prefer KH2 simply because the gameplay was so much better than in the first game and the bosses are some of the best I've faced in a game.

14. kem

kem

well then. Time to get a PS4 I suppose.

15. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Neither of them won me over. I just can get a PlayStation 4 for $100, while a X-Box One would be much more expensive. It'll be a while, and I just don't need to throw down money like that, when other things should take a higher priority.

I haven't been excited for a gaming convention in years, not since the announcement of Kingdom Hearts 2. Yeah, showing my age again.

16. Lazuri

Well, it probably won't come out until 2017 anyways.

17. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

God damn it, Lazuri! Stop raining on my parade!

=P

18. Adam Orzel

Adam Orzel Guest

I cannot wait to play it.

One thing that I will always be sad about is that when I first started playing the KH series I was about the same age as the characters and was growing up as they were, but now I am much older than they are and it feels like this game has taken way too long to come out.

Hurry up Square Enix.

19. Hobbes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My friend and I are waiting for it, so freaking bad. We're both wondering if it's worth it to join our money together to get a PS4, the sole perpose would be that one game. I need to keep talking to him and find out what he wants....

20. mituaski

mituaski Guest

I confess. Kingdom Hearts 3 is why I bought my PS4. I feel no shame. :eusa_danc