1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Experiences with installations gone wrong?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ErickWolf, Jun 20, 2015.

1. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Post your attempts at installing a different os, theme, cursor pack, etc. that . Did you fix it or did it become a disaster?

Mine was kind of nerve-wracking since I thought my new laptop was totaled. I tried installing Windows 7 to my 8.1 laptop. A hard drive fragment selection popped up, and I screwed something up in the process; it took hours for both my dad and I to get it back to a mostly-normal state. Now every time I turn my laptop on, I have to choose Windows 7 Setup or Windows 8.1 from a boot menu. And the disk is obviously not in the laptop anymore, so it's probably going to be that way for a while until I completely fix it. So unless you really know what you're doing, don't try overwriting a newer version of windows with an older one. All I wanted was a more user-friendly OS...so much for that. :lol: