1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Come Share: Easter Eggs in Video Games.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by The Wallflower, Jun 20, 2015.

1. The Wallflower

I thought this would be a pretty cool topic, since there are TONS of video games that feature cool extras/easter eggs that, at many times... we don't notice.

My favorite Easter Eggs include the UFOs in Grand Theft Auto, the "Hellvalley Skytrees" in Super Mario Galaxy 2, the ghosts in Metal Gear Solid, the Ghostface (Or Shy-guy face?) in Super Mario 3D World, and "Lloid Face" from Animal Crossing.

Share your favorites, or share your own experiences and theories.

I personally encountered the famous "JOCK" ghost from Grand Theft Auto V by coincidence. I was freaked out.

I was pretty intrigued, and once I knew who the ghost was, I just went: "Wow."

It's always interesting to talk about these things.

2. Lazuri

I think my favorite easter egg is in Saint's Row 2. There's this tiny island just off the shore with an arrow sign pointing in a seemingly random direction. If you follow the arrow, you'll eventually come to another tiny island with another sign and so on. Eventually you get to the middle of the ocean when a giant rabbit rises out of the sea. The same giant rabbit can be found tied to a freighter in Saint's Row 3.

3. The Wallflower

Cool! That reminds me of the Kraken in Assassin's Creed 2. Also, totally by coincidence, I happened to encounter this oddity... :lol:

I went to the bathroom and just left Ezio there staring at the water (don't remember where), and when I came back, I saw something swimming in the water! Totally freaked out.

I looked it up, and apparently if you stay there even longer, you can see the squid move one of it's tentacles above the water.

Now that I think of it, there are tons of "Giant Squid" Easter Eggs in games...

4. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's one in Pokemon White 2 in the 3rd gym. All of the gym trainers are in this rock band with the gym leader and one of the ones you battle is name "Billy Jo" as in reference to Billie Joe Armstrong in Green Day

5. The Wallflower

Lol, did you battle Delinquent Miley in ORAS? X3

6. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha no I don't remember battling her. That's funny though! XD
    I do remember in ORAS there was a presumably lesbian couple on the daycare route and one on the top of mauville city. And a gay couple in one of the restaurants in XY. Not really Easter eggs, but still nice to see nonetheless.

#6 DreamerBoy17, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  7. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Five replies and 57 views and nobody has mentioned Psycho Mantis reading your memory card in MGS.

I am disappoint.

8. Lazuri

That wasn't really an easter egg, that was more of a fourth wall break. An easter egg is something that is well hidden, the Psycho Mantis fourth wall breaks is figuratively shoved in your face.

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of my favorites is in GTA: Vice City(?) where you go to the top of a construction site and it says "no easter eggs here".

10. Tamanofu

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Tifa's poster in xenogears and ellie's comment on the stuff in her bags in the last of us (right in the feels!)

11. Knave

I can think of a few. There's the hidden room with the plans for Arkham City hidden in the warden's office in Batman: Arkham Asylum. Scarecrow's secret boat in Arkham City that foreshadowed Arkham Knight. In GTA V in one of the missions you can see NPCs that resemble CJ and Sweet from GTA San Andreas. Also in GTA V in the mission where you hunt down the guys in the forest with the thermal scoped snipe, in the top right corner you can find Bigfoot. In all of the uncharted games you can find a precursor orb from Jak and Daxter. In uncharted 3 you can find a newspaper article referencing the events of The Last of us. In the Last of us there are piñatas of Jak and Daxter. In Jak II there is a billboard of Ratchet and Clank. And in Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando if you idle on the menu long enough ratchet will begin playing Jak and Daxter. And last but not least let's not forget GTA: Vice City's literal golden Easter egg. And those are just off the top of my head.

I somehow managed to forget the infamous "Snake Beater" Easter egg in MGS 2.

12. Cedar

I like the one from Witcher 2 where you stumble on a broken cart filled with hay and there's a person in a white robe in it and Geralt says, "They never learn, do they?" Or something like that. It was a reference to Assassin's creeds leap of faith or whatever it's called, I don't really play Assassin's creed.

13. PerfectlyNormal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ksp easter eggs:
    Santa Sleigh is visible on Christmas day from the tracking station
    Ufo on the north poles of many planetary bodies
    Giant faces on Kerbin and Duna
    A dead space kraken on Bop
    In the settings from the main menu, in the inputs section, you see fbr on the bottom, that is the acronym for the nickname (Freaking Big Rocket) of the future SpaceX Mars Colonial Transporter's planned launcher.
    The pyramids on Kerbin
    The Hex colour code for kerbal skin tone is BADA55
    The Moholes
    The curiosity rover on Duna
    The rocket in orbit around Duna
    The part description saying mostly harmless is a movie reference
    There are more I have not found.

14. Anastaisa_Lynn_14

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    im suprised noone has mentioined call of duty easter eggs likethe jump scare in the asylum map or the extra perks in orgins, buried and die rise

15. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In Pokémon Y, there's a Psychic that when defeated, says how your power level must have been over 9000. It's funny, this is official Nintendo stuff here!

There's this flash game "A Koopa's Revenge 2"
    Bosses are based on objects. Hidden among them, one of the last bosses:
    The one and only Flying Spaghetti Monster. I'm serious.

Skyrim: You know you've played the game too long when you see it: Some nights, the headless horseman will appear as a ghost, and move down the roads rather quickly. He's harmless, and serves no gameplay purpose.

16. lettuce

I know this is barely an Easter Egg, but I love Milla's Nightmare in Psychonauts.

I also really like the dialogue between Cremia and Romani from Majora's Mask if you visit them on the final night after saving the ranch. I think it might even be the saddest scene in the game!

17. The Wallflower

Nor sure if this is an Easter Egg, but recently my friend and I played The Last of Us to see who would finish faster. (He won)

As we replayed the game, we noticed the Twitter accounts of several of the fake shops in the game. These are actual, legitimate Twitter accounts Naughty Dog must have created.

They all have posts up to the day of the outbreak! Cool, right?

18. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Not really an Easter Egg, but it's too hilarious not to mention.

In Dragon Ball Raging Blast 2, if it is Vegeta vs Zangya, Zangya will say "Your man's kind of cute" to Vegeta. This line was supposed to be used on Android #18, if Zangya faced her, so why it triggers with Vegeta is beyond me.

Still, it is priceless.

19. Lyze of kiel

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time, when you first meet zelda, there are 2 windows to either side, and if you shoot the one on the left with the slingshot, a guard tells you to stop causing trouble and throws a bomb at you.