1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We suck at drivers, so we disabled Windows Update for you

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Pret Allez, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  2. thepandaboss

In all fairness, I as a former Windows user hated, hated updating Windows and would do everything I could to delay the updates. If I were more computer savvy I would've just delayed it until I was done working or something because Windows 8 had a bad habit of forced updates. Vista and 7, to their credit, at least let you put it off for a few hours so you could save everything. If you were downloading a large file on 8, lord help you.

3. CyclingFan

4. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm using a Samsung now.

I've had to send it away to get the screen repaired after about six months of use, the hard drive that came with it failed a few months after that, the battery has failed, the card reader doesn't work and the DVD drive has decided that it no longer exists.

Compare that to my old Dell Studio which is really old and yet the only problem I've ever had with it is the battery dying (lasted a good several years longer than the Samsung one) and the AC adapter getting a frayed cable.

I'd buy a Dell again but it'll be a cold day in hell before I buy another Samsung.

5. Anastaisa_Lynn_14

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    same here i bought a samsung in 2012 and two months later it froze and wouldnt open firefox, plus aparently it was used because the factory stickers werent on anything anymore so basicly samsung ripped me off by making me buy a used laptop i didnt know about for 400 bucks