1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite Halo Titles?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Starwind78, Jul 5, 2015.

?

What is your favorite Halo title?

1. Halo 1: Combat Evolved

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Halo 2

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Halo 3

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Halo 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Halo Wars

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Halo 3: ODST

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Halo: Reach

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  8. Halo: Spartan Assault

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Halo: Spartan Strike

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Starwind78

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I loved Halo-Combat Evolved on Xbox, so when I bought an Xbox One, I got the Masterchief Collection so I could catch up on everything before Halo 5 comes out.

And I was....disappointed, at least in Halo 2.

I mean, the graphics were great. Halo 1 & 2 (or what I remember of 2) looked way better in the Masterchief Collection than the originals. I also enjoyed using all of the new weapons, especially the Covenant ones.

But I absolutely HATED the level designs. The biggest problem is that I would get lost all of the time and have to consult online video walkthroughs to know where I should go. :icon_redf
    I also got annoyed with the gameplay, which just felt like constant combat all the time with no stealth or sniping variety at all. One exception to this was the banshee fights, which were great.

So, anyway, I just wanted to know if I should anticipate much of the same moving forward with Halo 3 & 4 and to see what everyone else's favorite was. For now, it has to be Halo-CE for me.

2. Sienrar

Halo: CE will always be my favorite Halo, with Halo 2 a little bit behind. The combat, level design, story, everything in CE was just perfect.

And it's just Halo: CE, not Halo 1: CE. :icon_wink

3. Starwind78

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know. Just wanted to make it clear for folks who didn't remember the CE part.

4. MetalRice

Halo 2 is my personal favorite.

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    CE was a freaking grand game which I'd go so far as to say is historically important to video games as a while. God I had some good times playing system link with old friends and raising hell.

But I had to vote 3. It improved on the previous two titles in nearly every way and was such a tight experience with a solid identity. Great single player, great co-op and competitive multiplayer, everything worked precisely as designed, really no bad parts about it. IMO none of the Halo games compare to H3 in overall quality.

#5 Argentwing, Jul 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  6. Starwind78

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hm. Well, since I just beat 2, I'm well on my way there.

Unless, that is, I stall and try to get back to beating all of CE on legendary like I used to be able to back in the day.

7. SabreBear

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Reach. It was the first Halo game that I played on my own/did the campaign for. I actually haven't played CE or 2. I know, shame on me right?

I've been meaning to get MCC so I can play through the series. But a lot of my gaming money went towards Guardians.

8. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I voted Halo 3 because I think it was the best all-rounder. I do have a soft spot for ODST though- I think the story was actually really good, and the way you discover the flashbacks was interesting.

9. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

I found Halo Reach to be the most enjoyable. It had a good story and the gameplay was really good. I also liked how you just fought the Covenant and not the annoying Flood (they ruined every Halo game they were in, just a boring enemy).

After Reach I would say Halo 4.

10. Rainbows~Exist

This is a tough one for me....

Halo Combat Evolved and Halo 2 were like the games of my childhood and if I still had my original Xbox then I'd be playing them today BUT I did really enjoy Halo Reach... The gameplay and levels were very well put together and the extras like forge world and firefight made it even better :slight_smile: