1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dumb question - easy question - just want to be sure

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Tightrope, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi folks:

I'm taking my monitor over to a neighbor's house because it is acting differently since I unplugged the whole computer and its accessories for a while and then plugged them in again.

Anything such as history, pull downs, and cookies would NOT show up at all when the monitor would be plugged into another person's computer (this is the computer of the person who is helping me), am I right? It seems fairly obvious that it would NOT, because I don't think a monitor has any sort of memory, but I just wanted to be sure.

Help. Thanks.

2. Im Hazel

You're right - a monitor has no internal memory, and it could not possibly transfer data after its power is cut. Or well, some contain memory, but it is very specific (for settings and stuff). Really, no data like that is even transmitted to the screen. The screen is merely told which pixels to switch on, and how bright. It may say "internet history" on the screen, but the monitor is really being told "turn this pixel on and this pixel and this pixel..." and so on. Easy. <3