1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone play the game Journey?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Berru, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I know the game is a few years old, but I was wondering if anyone here has played the game 'Journey' by ThatGameCompany?

I would love to hear some funny or touching experiences others have had with it, as I really loved the game and how you can cooperate with others and make deep connections without being able to speak a word with them.

2. Lazuri

Played it? It's my second favorite game of all time and I'm listening to the soundtrack right now. In fact, I have a physical copy of the soundtrack that is signed by the composer and the directors of the game.

I've played through it so many times and I've had so many stories with it but my favorite will always remain my first playthrough. Not only was the game fresh as it possibly could be, but I had the luck of ending up with a companion that I not only finished the whole game with, but we were so fucking in sync. We flew everywhere and I've yet to have a playthrough with somebody that I was so in sync with. After the game, I got a message from my companion that simply said "goodbye" and that stirred more emotion in me than most games do during a 15 hour long campaign.

Whenever somebody says video games can't be art, I basically point at Journey and say "pretty much that."

#2 Lazuri, Aug 15, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  3. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I agree with you, that game is an artpiece. And how awesome that you have the soundtrack, signed and everything! :icon_bigg

4. Lazuri

When the game first came out I had a conversation with the composer of the game as well. He liked me enough to say he was going to mail me something, but not enough to remember it, cuz' he never did.

5. sharkpool

That game is amazing

6. ThatFrostyGuy

I loved it too, it's was so beautiful. I found it amazing how people's personalities showed through; some would stick near me, some would lead me and show me what to do, while others would run off into the distance by themselves. I remember I played with a lot of people with Asian names, so it's amazing to think that I would never normally be able to communicate with them, but here we were running through the sand together.

Amazing. I really should play it again.