1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Sims fans.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Mateo, Aug 29, 2015.

?

Are you a fan of The Sims?

1. Yes. I love The Sims

67 vote(s)
    76.1%
  2. No. I'm not a fan

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. No. But I use to be.

11 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. I dunno i'v never played The Sims.

5 vote(s)
    5.7%
  5. What are "The Sims"?

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  1. Mateo

Hi everyone I was wondering if there are any fans of the Sims franchise. Which versions do you play? What is your favorite way to play? Are you a modder? What is your favorite sim?

I my self am a major Sims fan I have been playing since 2007 when I got The Sims 1 Complete Collection for Christmas. Then I got The Sims 2 Deluxe for my Birthday a few months later. I own all 4 versions and almost every expansion pack for them.

I like all aspects of the game from building to character creation. but my favorite way to play is story telling. I am also an avid modder even though I only make recolors.

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't say i'm a fan, but i've played a lot of TS 1 and TS 2, and i really enjoyed it. :grin:

Building houses is really cool!

3. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I used to play a lot.

4. Mateo

I try to play at least a few minutes every day even if its just a little building.

5. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The first game I got was The Sims Bustin' Out for the GameCube. After that, I was hooked on the game. I then bought The Sims 3 and Sims 3: Pets for the PS3, and the Sims 3 for the PC with 2 of the expansion packs.

6. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been playing The Sims for so long I don't even remember starting; it's just always been there. The Sims was good, 2 was great, but 3 is my favorite. If I wasn't sold on it before, the fact that the Pets expansion includes horses got me. Unfortunately I lost my Pets CD so I'm just playing the original version for now.

7. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I played Sims 1 and Sims 2 a lot, it all went down hill with Sims 3.

8. Mateo

Did you register your games with EA or Origins. If so Origins saves all your registered as digital versions that you can re-download strait from the origins desktop app.

9. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I thought Sims 3 required Origins? so the key must be registered on there

10. Mateo

3 could have been better but I still liked It. I thought the expansions were brilliant and fun to play.

11. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember playing Urbz:Sims in the City

12. Riyuzaki

Riyuzaki Guest

I always loved The Sims. I've played The Sims Complete Collection, sims 2 with all exp. packs and stuff packs, ts 3 with some exp. packs and a little bit sims 4, which I don't like. I was a huge fan once. Now I either don't play games or play some that are strategic or action. But sims are still a big part of my childhood.

13. Mateo

I'm pretty sure it is required. I know 4 does for sure.

14. Acm

Acm Guest

I haven't played in a few months (keep meaning to though) but I love Sims. I used to play Sims 1 as a kid, and now I play Sims 3. I have several expansion packs too.

15. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to have sims 2 on PS2 until it broke, and then I used to play sims 3 but I can't access it anymore. I loved "create a sim" on it because you get to make characters with a lot of detail around them and I'm the type of person who likes to put too much effort into making a character rather than just randomly picking stuff. I have the sims freeplay and simcity these days, where I don't put as much effort into the characters then I used to. I like sims freeplay though because you have quests which are sometimes fun to follow, but you don't have to.

I remember making a sim version of myself on the sims 3 and it acted so like me it was kinda creepy, except for the fact the sim was actually better at life than I am. :grin: At least dating is easy for sims on sims 3 and on sims freeplay since every sim is automatically Bi and available to date. I'm not sure what it's like on the sims 4 since I've never played it.

I remember the "get a life mode" on the sims 2 on PS2 where you had to work up from your sim living with your parents to living on your own, it was always quite hard the "get a life" mode and I don't think I ever completed it in the end, too bad it broke. :dry:

#15 Canterpiece, Aug 30, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  16. Mateo

It's the same everyone is bi, by default and I have had NPC sims flirt with my sims of the same gender before without my sim having to directly instigate it.

17. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to be a huge fan, but then I sort of began realizing how lonely it actually is, living in a virtual reality. xD I still go on it from time to time, and still find it pretty cool. :slight_smile:

18. Lazuri

I have periods where I sometimes pick it up and play for a couple of weeks. I always pirate the games though because I don't agree with the business structure of the games and I will have no part in it.

Sims 4 is probably the one I like the best, which is an unpopular opinion. I just enjoy the way Sims actually feel a bit more human in it than in previous installments.

19. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I have played every game and had every expansion pack. My favourites are sims 2 and sims 4.
    Sims 2 because of the way the genetics work, and sims 4 because it's more or less an upgraded version of sims 2.
    I didn't really like sims 3, I found it too shiny and not true to the original humour and feel of the games.

20. Cedar

I used to play Sims 2 a lot, I still play Sims 3 every now and then... Though I've never played sims 4, except for when they had that 48 hour thing available. I did enjoy the graphics but being tied to only one house again got boring real fast. Sims 3's open world has spoiled me.