1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who is gearing up for Metal Gear Solid V?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Lazuri, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Lazuri

I sure am. I saved Grounds Zeroes for today so I could have a more coherent story.

2. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Goddammit, I was prepping up a huge post for a thread like this. Oh well.

I did the same as you. Ground Zeroes JUST finished downloading, but I'm sleepy and will go to bed. I'll play it first thing when I wake up.

#2 RawringSnake, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    8 hours 9 minutes...

4. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

I unfortunately never got into the MGS series, myself. I never found the time to get the games for my collection, so the only Metal Gear game I have still is the first one on NES.

#4 BrokenRecord, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2015
  5. Lazuri

Well, you should get into it when they release the legacy edition.

6. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm on 360 still, so I'm weighing up getting it for that or waiting until I get around to building my uber death PC of death, which probably means I'll end up double dipping.

Come to think of it, I still haven't finished Peace Walker despite having the HD Collection for a while now. Might do that, Twin Snakes and MGS2 (actually my favourite) then get Ground Zeroes and PP when they've dropped in price.

7. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  8. Jakob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Metal... Gear?!

9. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    [​IMG]

10. Ryu

Ryu

Me! This thread made me do it! Kinda...
    Well ya' see, my dad every so often says something about metal gear when we'rebtalking about games, and in combination with this thread.. Well basically I would of gone out and bought all the mgs games, but because they're over my age rating (sometimes I hate my mother...), and I don't have the right consoles, I have instead ended up watching as many walkthrough's of the metal gear solid series as I can in chronological order... So far I'm on portable ops... I must watch more youtube!

11. Lazuri

Eeeh, you can skip portable ops. Without a doubt.

12. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My beyond-shitty download speeds tried to get in my way, but finally, FINALLY, my body is SOLID and my game is READY.

[​IMG]

And thus, RawringSnake slithered away into the sunset of Afghanistan, never to be seen or heard of again...

#12 RawringSnake, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  13. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Aside from playing the first one for a short period, years ago, Metal Gear Solid 3 is the only one I've played. I really enjoyed walking down that river of the dead... had no idea I'd killed that many folks up to that point...

14. Lazuri

MGS3 is still the best one in my opinion.

Also, maybe the people who bought it should add each other so that we can help each other out in FOB battles. We can't post our usernames directly, but we should be able to work something out.

#14 Lazuri, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  15. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

It was fun; can't fairly say it was the best one, as it's the only one I've played through. I've seen 2 played, so I know a little about that one, but it never really appealed to me. Though the whole controller 2 slot trick for a boss, that was pretty cool.

Let me stop you right there, before something terrible happens.

The only way this would work is, if everybody that has this game, and who wants to do this, is a Full Member and willingly exchanges their information via PMs. They don't have to give their gamertags in that PM, instead opting for an e-mail and do it there, but any sort of hinting or indirectly going around the rules would result in... well... I'd miss you, Lazuri.

<3

16. Ryu

Ryu

I know MGS3 is really highly regarded and all it's a really good game and I'd love to have it, but... Well I started watching peace walker today and it's really good! It's definatley my favorite so far that I've seen. There's way more actual doing compared to snake eater, where there's something like 6 or 7 hours upwards of cutscenes out of something like a 12 hour long game.

Then again I've been playing the fuck out of the MGS3D demo recently and it is so fun pissing with the guards.

#16 Ryu, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  17. Lazuri

MGS3 had the best story, that's why I like it the best.

18. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I cried like a little girl who's kitty mr lumpkins died when I saw Big Boss salute the boss at the end of snake eater.

And I'm only on mission 5. I can't wait to get and play as Quiet.

---------- Post added 2nd Sep 2015 at 07:05 PM ----------

Although I don't mind playing as big boss either. He's one of the male protagonists I'd still play as even if I had a choice of characters gender.

19. Ryu

Ryu

Well thats as may be, but in my opinion there is one fatal flaw with the metal gear series.... Explainy time...
    Games that aren't story driven (take gran turismo or call of duty as two examples that are unrealated) have essentially got an infinite amount of replay value, or more to the point, because there is no real plot, you can come back to them whenever you want and you won't need a new save file or wipe your data, so you can just go onto it, play for an hour or so and go away. This also applies to a handful of story driven games (lets take skyrim and GTA), where they have a really long play through length, has alot of replay value, etc. This is because they're both big open worlds with a story, but will also let you go off and do other stuff just because you can and the world allows for it. Then you take a game like MGS... Sure, it will have a great plot with well written characters and clearly much more thought put into the plot of the game. This is both ist's greatest strength and weakness. It's a strength on the games part because you are able to lose yourself in the plot of the game and with the characters, but this will also hurt it because much more effort has been put into the plot, and less so the actual game, meaning that it is exceptionally linear and give you little choice in the plot, and a short game compared to others, and leaces little reason to go back to it unless you want to replay it for the sake of an upcoming release or simmilar circumstance.

So in my opinions summary, metal gear is a really good series, but it should really expand on the gameplay more so that it goes on for longer, and therefor adding some more replay value. I also have high hopes for phantom pain in that it retains all if the well thought out story telling and plot of the rest of the series, but allows you to deviate somewhat or explore the open world once the game's finished with a 'delta episode', if you will.

20. xxCHAOTIC

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My coworker has been talking about it nonstop and every time it's a twist to the knife in my heart that is the cancellation of silent hills... *dad tear*