1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help finding a new game? (mac user)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Herethere, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Herethere

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm having a bit of a problem, because I'm looking for a game that'll fill a specific need. I was born female, however I occasionally have boy days that come with various levels of anxiety. That's another topic for a different section of the forum, but one of the best ways I've found to deal with this anxiety is to play a video game as a guy character. Sadly, many of my options are limited because I own a Mac, and it's not always practical to borrow my family's Pc.

Anyway, specifics for the game - I do not currently have much money to spend, so I've been looking a lot at free 2 play /one time fee mmorpgs. It doesnt have to be an mmo, but within my nonexistant budget is nice. My biggest concern is that it must have an in depth character custimazation(sp?) system. Being able to make my own character is a must. Options for body type are important, I want to be a leaner guy rather than a hulk man. I prefer anime/eastern looks to games, and I want a game that looks brighter, rather than the dark gritty look of a lot of games.

An option to have pink hair would be fantastic as well. :slight_smile:

Besides that? I don't care for ultra chibi- maple story like look. Open world would be great. Something that lets me play as a solo player, and doesn't force me to interact to advance.And decent graphics, too, I guess.

And if no such perfect game for Mac exists, I could also use advice using wine to play Pc games (wine's the only software I got to get windows stuff on Mac, the better ones cost MONEY oh no) along on advice on which games to get, that'd be swell.

...I think that's it for now. Any help I can get would be very much appreciated.
    And, if there s any advice using wine to play Pc games, along

2. Ryu

Ryu

Get something like skyrim or GTA online if you want an open world with good character customisation (I know you can get pink hair in GTA), amd I know they're both available on PC, not so sure about mac though... You could always get a of the game for ps3/x box 360 and then get a console. Because of the new gen games you can get (used, admittedly) consoles for dirt cheap. Like £10-20. It's worth it in my opinion.

Or you could always for older games for oldish consoles. You can get a ps1 on ebay for virtually nothing, and sure, some games a kinda expensive (ffvii, symphony of the night), it has a great library of games, and you could always get a demo disk (I wish these still existed...) and play the games on there then decide on a game you might wanna go out and buy.

Pfft. Just my ramblings...

#2 Ryu, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  3. Lazuri

I'd just go on steam, go to the MAC category in the store and sort by lowest price. There you'll have a crapload of MAC games that are free to play.

4. Mitchell

Guild Wars 2 is now FREE, well, the base game.

I myself ordered the expansion pre-purchase.

It's an amazing game, and it has no subscription fees.

You can make your character look cool, customization is amazing and full of possibilities.

I play on my 15-inch retina macbook pro.... 16GB RAM, Quad Core i7, Iris Pro graphics.

5. azuky

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Dota 2 is an action strategy game where players pick from a pool of over a hundred heroes, forming two teams of five players. It is free but you have to download steam

here is a link to the steam website

Dota 2 on Steam

6. Formality

I was just about to recommend this game, especially since it became free to play just a few weeks ago. As a free to play user there are a few limitations, but you can basically still play most of the game. The limitations are only for like map chats and such things to prevent spam.

It's an open world MMORPG. I mean the world is massive, so for soloplay, unless you are grinding through it you've got a good amount of questing and exploring before you have 100% map completion and even then there are numerous other things you can do in PvP and PvE.

Since you seem to want a lot of character customization I think Guild Wars 2 would be the perfect game, it's actually sometimes referred to as Fashion Wars, because the games has to many armor skins and character customization options.

There are 5 different races which you can choose from. The Asura (tiny cute creatures), Charr (big cat race), Humans, Norn (viking inspired big humans) and Sylvari (plant creature). There are a bunch of character customization like, hairstyle, face, face details (structure), body type, tattoos etc.

I could describe the whole game to you but I think you should look into it yourself. I've been playing it on and off since launch about 3 years ago and I love it, especially because it offers such wide character customization. Oh and there is pink hair :wink:

#6 Formality, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  7. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know of that many online games myself, so I'll probably be picking up on these comments... Um, I remember that I used to play the computer game Runescape. Then they updated it, and I didn't like the latest update. But others might, dunno. If you want a brighter look to the game, there's also Wizard101, which is oriented slightly toward younger audiences, but is still fun for anyone, if you ask me. It doesn't have an in depth character development system like other games such as Skyrim, but you can probably get a pretty decent looking character from it. And pink hair, if I remember correctly. Eh, that's all I can give you. Honestly I don't game much. My parents don't like me on computers. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Problem with Guild Wars 2 is that the client is badly optimized for Mac. :/

I'll second the steam suggestion, click Mac games and you'll see a bunch there