1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook virus or hack?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by QueerTransEnby, Sep 17, 2015.

1. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Every now and then(ok two times), I notice that there have been 2-3 items "liked" on my FB that I have not liked. None have been embarrassing thankfully. One was for a group called "One Vote Latino" and another was some odd musician I had never heard of in my life. I checked to make sure I wasn't logged in anywhere else, and I was not. None of my friends have received malicious/spyware links and no one has spoofed my account. How can this happen?

2. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm not on Facebook since I deleted my account back in 2007 but with a quick Google search I found out that it happens randomly with anyone. I think it's just a FB glitch, I wouldn't worry about it

3. Oddsocks

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you liked a lot of pages back when page-liking was a new feature, there's every chance that the pages you liked have changed hands and the new owners have changed the page title and content.

A lot of the pages I liked back in 2009 have been converted into 'Top Vines' and suchlike by their new owners. I've had to unlike a lot!

4. missingmouse

missingmouse Guest

I agree with oddsocks.

One of the newer scams is the 'like our page, share this pic and you may win...'

The page will get millions of likes and then they sell off the page to the highest bidder.

But like oddsocks said, pages from a few years ago that had tons of 'likes' are sold off to others who change the page and leave facebookers like 'what the hell? I never liked that page'

So....no virus or hack, in my opinion.

5. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Shows how little I know about FB, still interesting though.