1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox vs. PS WHY?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Acuba403, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Acuba403

All I hear from the gaming community lately is either "xbox is better......." or "PS is better...." and "PC master race....." and it's getting really annoying. I don't know why it matters so much to people that what they play is the better console is the better one? It's all a matter of opinion right? or am I missing something?:confused:

2. Yosia

People have their own opinions and facts about why each platform is better. It's an argument which'll probably never cease, so le them do it, it can be interesting sometimes.

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

PC, usually, allows for more options. That, I believe, is why the argument could be made for it being the "best".

Take Skyrim for example. PC is the way to play, with all the mods, as the console versions are very vanilla in comparison.

But ultimately, it comes down to what you like and can afford.

4. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can play any of them, but I prefer XBox or PC. I am not a fan of PS at all; I have nothing but problems with them.

5. Acuba403

I don't care which is better I just want to know why people care so much?

6. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ...Poor WiiU, not even relevant enough to be accounted for in hypothetical arguments *sad face*

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    PC is objectively better in most cases, but either requires more know-how or a LOT more money. The only thing consoles have going for them is that it's easier to get into games (especially local multiplayer) and connect with friends without third-party programs.

#7 Argentwing, Sep 22, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  8. FootballFan101

True gamers like all consoles unless they have a vallid reason not too

9. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I remember when console wars were fought by Sega and Nintendo fanboys.

"And I say blast processing is the superior graphical rendering technique!"
    "Mode 7 transformation!"
    "Blast processing!"
    "MODE 7 TRANSFORMATION!"

#9 GeeLee, Sep 22, 2015
  10. Par

Par

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The whole thing is just advertising. Xbox and PS are rivals so it makes sense for them to turn their customers against the other console.
    Based purely on hardware stats there is no argument, PS4 has superior RAM, Almost identical CPU and superior GPU.
    But both are good consoles, if people want to argue over which is better then sure, go ahead.
    There's no reason to hate either of them unless one explodes on you or something.
    The only reason I would care is if I was going to buy either of them.
    For now I'll be a good little Nintendo fan and wait for Legend of Zelda :slight_smile:

#10 Par, Sep 22, 2015
  11. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Why do people care about a sports team? They attach themselves, their pride, on things as opposed to themselves.

12. 741852963

I think it largely boils down to affordability.

Most people generally speaking cannot afford, or are unwilling to fork out on two different gaming consoles. This inherently causes people to debate which is better pre-purchase, and causes "tribalism" post-purchase as people are wanting to be on the "right side" having made the wisest decision in their purchase.

Its the same with any expensive product: cars, phones, computers. People are brand loyal probably simply because of the cost.

13. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nailed it.

14. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just like the stuff put out on sonys platform best.

15. Ryu

Ryu

I prefer playstation over xbox because it's what I'm used to,, but I'd be just as happy with a pc as a playstation. PC stuff tends to have more options in my opinion, but I find alot of people find PC's intimidating so they stick with consoles because that's what they know.

16. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know about their motivations. I can just explain mine. I liked arguing more when I was younger, and often it was a way to express anger from elsewhere in my life. Maybe it wasn't about consoles, but I argued over trivial things. Sometimes I wasn't happy unless I had several ongoing arguments. I guess it was one of my coping methods until I found better outlets for my aggression.

17. BobObob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of the reasons is that how many people play on each platform will influence what platforms developers will make games for.

I have a powerful PC that I love to play games on. Because consoles are more popular than PC (for gaming), many games don't come out for PC. So if I want to play a game that didn't come out for PC, I'm stuck either having to deal with the PS4's graphics and framerate* for that game (if it's out on the PS4), or not being able to play it without spending another $350 for new hardware. Even for the games that do come out for PC, many of them are poorly made because the developers don't care as much for the PC, and so they play terribly.

If, on the other hand, people ditched their consoles in favor of playing on the PC, my gaming life would be so much better. Every game would come out on PC, and most of the time the developers would make a reasonable effort to make the game play well on the PC.

*For comparison, the PS4 is unable to play many games at 1080p resolution at 60 frames per second (fps), yet my PC can usually play games at high settings at 4k60.

18. Serperior

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    "True gamers" play video games

#18 Serperior, Sep 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2015
  19. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I like the things you say.

I favor sony's consoles for 2 reasons. 1st the ps2 was my first console. Naturally im attached to it, the sony dualshock 2 configuration, is like the gaming equivalent of my first language. I can speak fluent xbox or nintendo but theyll always be foreign languages while the playstation layout feels natural to me. Tell me to "press X" at any moment during any 360 game, and I'll either pause for a second, or hit the A button instinctively.

2nd, I look at the exclusives they offer. While sony offers alot of diversity in games like Uncharted, Infamous, God of War and more, xbox is pretty much geared toward multiplayer shooters like Halo or Gears of War, which I have no interest in. Unless your an adoring fan of nintendo classics (I'm not) theres no point in even bringing up the wii. PC = Do you care about mods/a high amount of customization options in all your games? (I dont) and that pretty much leaves sony.

20. Lazuri

Doesn't matter; this console generation is pure garbage whatever console you buy.