1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Far Cry Primal

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Spartan 117, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's a new Far Cry coming out, and it's set during the Ice Age.

[YOUTUBE]LJ2iH57Fs3M[/YOUTUBE]

Anyone else excited? I am, but then again I'm very easily impressed by sabre-toothed cats.

2. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Yo what? For real? Alright Far Cry you have my attention. I really liked 3 and blood dragon, wasn't as crazy about 4, but this has to be 1 of the most original and interesting ideas for a sequel that Ive ever seen. Do we know if its a true sequel or another DLC spinoff like blood dragon?

3. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's a very good question! I'll have to investigate.

Edit:

4. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Booooooo, I wanted a sequel to Blood Dragon.

Also, is it just me or are dinosaurs (and by extension the prehistoric setting) a thing now? Ark: Survival Evolved is making waves on Steam, the devs from Killzone are working on Horizon: New Dawn (which is superior to everything because mech-dinosaurs). Now, this. And let's not forget the whole Jurassic World bonanza earlier this year (with sequels already confirmed and in the making), and that Pixar movie that's dropping later in November.

Not that I'm complaining! Anything but more zombies is welcomed (unless we are talking zombie dinosaurs...).

EDIT: ...And weren't Dinobots the selling point of the latest Transformers movie too? The way forward is back!

#4 RawringSnake, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  5. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Alright, wow, sounds like they are going all out with this. I just wonder, since far cry has always been a fps, how are they gonna go about the gameplay... in a world that has no guns O_O

6. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This may just have to be a day one buy for me. I loved the last 3 Far Cry games.

7. Lazuri

To be fair, Horizon has been in development for a really long time already and Far Cry: Primal is basically the result of poll Ubisoft had about what people would like in the next Far Cry. Apparently prehistoric setting was very popular on it.

Now, I'm not a fan of Ubisoft at all--I think they're the worst developer in the industry--but it's interesting to me that their sequel to an established franchise is so different and it makes me glad that they're changing it up a bit, even if they are riding on the popularity of the prehistoric survival setting. However, this is way too little development time for a game of this scale, as per usual with Ubisoft, and anybody who decides to buy this on day one is frankly an idiot because of it as there's basically zero chance this game will run well on release.

#7 Lazuri, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (Didn't watch the video so my post might be inaccurate :/)I'll probably miss the modern weapons, but if they can do awesome primitive bows/axes/spears and some other gameplay not directly related to fighting, I might be interested.

9. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wait wait wait! Apparently this won't have dinosaurs after all. Huh. Don't know how to feel about that. I kinda like the idea of a world populated largely by boss-level enemies, a la Monster Hunter (kinda). At the same time, this might help FC Primal differentiate itself better from the other upcoming dino-heavy projects. Mm. I'll get it anyway, but this gave me pause.

#9 RawringSnake, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  10. Ryu

Ryu

So they intend on making a plot in this? Or will it be 'big mammoth, go kill! Big tiger kill mammoth, go kill tiger!' Etc. becaude that's the inly feasible plot I can come up with.

11. Foz

Foz Guest

So no firearms? :frowning2:

But I'm surprised at how quick they've announced this, usually you have to wait 30 years for a Far Cry sequel!

12. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nah, after the success of Far Cry 3 they have been cranking them out on a yearly basis (counting Blood Dragon). So long as it doesn't devolve into an AssCreed situation, and it doesn't seem to be the case since they are still finding ways to innovate, fine by me.

#12 RawringSnake, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  13. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd really appreciate if you didn't spoil the entire plot for everyone. Seriously, some of us didn't know about the "big tiger kill mammoth" twist! :icon_wink