1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help - my HDD might be dying ... slowly and painfully ;(

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Nikky DoUrden, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Nikky DoUrden

For couple of months, (one of-) my HDD makes a random spin-and-then-*click* noise randomly (or when i open apps).
    Even had BSoD some days ago, I think thats the reason!
    Did some HDD utility tests and they say my secondary HDD fails a test (tried both WD and Seagate tools).

My secondary HDD doesnt have too important information, so "worse case" scenario i can just unplug it, but im not sure maybe its too drastic and there is a simple way to fix this or at least some software option to 'disable' that particular HDD so my PC won't "use" it ?

Thanks for aaaaaany help :thumbsup:

2. Lazuri

A clicking sound is basically the worst sound a HDD can make; it is just about guaranteed to die shortly after making that sound.

I'd back up all the files on it to an external drive and then replace the failing HDD.

3. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This. The clicking sound is never a good thing! I'd start backing up what's important ASAP!

4. Nikky DoUrden

ok thanks, i'll unplug it ;( R.I.P samsung 500gb HDD ;(