1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple video game ideas that you want to exist?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by KawaiiShoelaces, Oct 12, 2015.

1. KawaiiShoelaces

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I have a growing list of video games I would like to create if I can ever be bothered to make them, your suggestions would be welcome!

I mean any games I have made so far are never finished or to a very poor standard but it can be fun to make games and stuff, so suggestions are cool.

2. PerfectlyNormal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Create a Utopia, you are an omnipotent dictator.

#2 PerfectlyNormal, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  3. KawaiiShoelaces

Out Status:
    Some people
    Utopias... literally impossible to create... well cool idea. Not sure how to make that a thing but cool idea.

#3 KawaiiShoelaces, Oct 12, 2015
  4. Ryu

Ryu

Animal Crossing on 'hell' mode.

5. Justinian20

A game of kings, You are a king or a member of a family trying to win the kingship and your aim to go higher on the podium to kingship through strategies like political assassination, fighting a war to bring up reputation, Another element would be the system of whether or not specific people groups like you. So say the rich class might like you, but the peasants may hate you.

On second thought my videogame idea is a bit complex as it would need a lot of features for me to have fun with and create my own dynasty starting from the first leader to the last leader.

#5 Justinian20, Oct 12, 2015
  6. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm able to create simple games actually, but that's the problem. They're too simple.
    Waaaay too simple. To test my ability I made a R-Type fangame a few years back and it wasn't near as good as the original from 1987. Of course that was made by a team of skilled developers, but the fact that I can't make something near that level with modern tools is a bit shameful, at least to me. That's 28 years of technological improvements. My sprites could have looked better, and the coding was rather bloated for a game so small. It just wasn't as fun, either. So I kept it as a fine and never really "released" it.

What I would really love to create is an exploration game with randomly generated "Themed" and "Natural" worlds with 1-2 players. Maybe let the players be animals to make it interesting. But I'd want the focus to be on fun, and not on the challenge so no heavy survival aspects. Chasing little fantasy creatures as a cheetah would be amazing.

7. Serperior

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I want a game like this soooo bad.

@OP A game centered around assassins and politics

Also nice avatar how's your dining going

#7 Serperior, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2015
  8. Charon

Charon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A Man hunt type game, but goryer.

#8 Charon, Oct 12, 2015
  9. ModernCat

ModernCat Guest

Starring contest

10. RainDreamer

Simple: A VR game where you live a normal life of a fictional character of your choice.

Ever want to know what it is like to be in the shoes of a certain person? Welp, lets live a month as that person in virtual reality. It should be an open source game, so anyone could simply use it make their own story and make it public. That would let bigots knows what it is like to live as an LGBT person, let people know what it is like to be discriminated against, let everyone have some more empathy in their lives.

11. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Zombie apocalypse themed open world game, you can customize your character. That would be fun!

12. Cedar

I want there to be an RPG or MMO where I could just say, "Screw It" and just be a blacksmith or something without doing a single quest or without being some sort of "chosen one" or "special snowflake" or "only you can save the world", etc...

13. KawaiiShoelaces

Out Status:
    Some people
    Cool ideas people, keep them coming!

I think I might try to make the king game thing when I have the time and motivation.

14. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A single player, free-roaming survival game based roughly on Conan Doyle's The Lost World. Steampunk weapon/vehicle designs and dinosaurs meet on a forgotten South American plateau .

15. Ryu

Ryu

So Gran theft auto online has a baby with the walking dead?

We need this. Have my money.

16. KawaiiShoelaces

Out Status:
    Some people
    Zombie games scare me... probably wont do that one

17. BobObob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A first-person (American) football game in VR.

18. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The game you describe sounds more intrigue focused/Game of Thrones-style than what I'm about to suggest, but Mount & Blade Warband has elements of this. You can use political maneuvering, marriage, and renown gained on the battlefield to curry favor with those higher up the feudal hierarchy and eventually take over one or several kingdoms. The only thing it's missing is assassination: oddly enough all major players are basically immortal and can only be "knocked unconscious" and taken prisoner, to be ransomed later. They made it that way because no new lords can be created, so you could otherwise exploit that to take over the entire realm by attrition. :lol:

It sounds like if you combined this with Total War or Crusader Kings' nobility system, you'd have yourself a winner.

I really don't have any "simple" game ideas; mine are all pretty pie-in-the-sky hehe. But Arma and the latest Metal Gear Solid are pretty much it: a game that lets you oversee a military force in a conflict on all levels, from large-scale strategy and logistics management, to mission planning, and then are allowed to take the field as a mid- or low-level soldier and carry out your goals. There is little more satisfying than scouting out an area of operations and figuring out how best to attack it to ensure total defeat of the enemy. :grin:

19. Ryu

Ryu

Metal gear: Portable ops comes to mind, even if most fans of mgs disown the game.

20. Affection

Out Status:
    All but family
    A Megaman-like platformer, except with RPG elements such as levels, EXP, skills, equipment, etc.

Megaman Zero 1 comes close, but it doesn't quite scratch my itch because it's still much more of a platformer than an RPG; the elements it does have can very easily be ignored.