1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fatal Frame series!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by justin88, Oct 23, 2015.

1. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Anyone on here fans of the Fatal Frame series? With Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water that just released on WiiU yesterday makes me want to get back into this series.

2. guitar

I've heard 2 is supposed to be amazing but haven't played it. I have #4 for Wii and it's AWSEOME :slight_smile:

3. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Awesome! I got confused halfway through the Wii version because I was playing the Japanese version! I finally figured it out though? :slight_smile:

4. guitar

Wait, there's an American/English version? I bought the Japanese one for cheap and my friend had to apply a patch to translate the the text in the game to English.

5. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You're absolutely correct about that, it never got an official English release. Damn, I forgot!

6. Lazuri

My friends and I are big fans, I guess. We have played through 1-3 together and we're planning on playing through the fifth one next weekend.

One of my best memories with my friends is when we played through Fatal Frame 3 at a con and we pulled some favors and managed to get a room that's usually for theater performances just to ourselves. As you might know, those kind of rooms are commonly painted in all black and are quite large, so we went ahead and turned off the lights and placed our chairs and the TV right in the middle of the room--it was just us sitting in the light of the TV and the rest of the room was just darkness.

All in all, I'd have to say that the first one is the scariest one, the second one has the best story and the third one has the best atmosphere, though there are plenty of people who would argue with me on the third one.