1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Polaroids

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Frisk, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Frisk

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello there fellow humans.

I'm an avant but still sort of novice photographer. It's something I've always had a kind of nack for, and I own a very decent digital camera that I do love (although I have trouble using it efficiently) However in celebration of the wonderful story of "Life is Strange", I'm considering buying a polaroid camera. Now when I say that most people think of either the really old retro polaroids or the newish pastel coloured Fujifilm Mini Instax 8 series. I guess I would settle for one of those if I had to but they look very childish to me, and the photos are ridiculously small. I'd prefer a retro or at least sensible looking polaroid though I would prefer it be somewhat modern and reliable which I know is asking for a lot considering Polaroids lost a lot of gravity when Digital Cameras hit the scene, but I can't find any reliable ones. Also wondering, do most Fujifilm Retro Polaroids use the same film?

Thanks for any recommendations! (!)

2. MeepMoop

my dad has one of those Mamyia Polaroid camera's as hes a professional with polaroid, but he likes the old One 600 from polaroid as a "normal"polaroid camera!

3. Ryu

Ryu

Well I don't have one personally, I always thought that they're kinda stupid, inefficient and bad quality, but I have friend who got one for her birthday and seems to be in love with the thing for some reason or another.

4. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh I used to love my Polaroid camera. I think these days when so much is digital, Polaroids are coming into their own again.

No advice to give, but I think you should go for it if you can find one!

5. Houdini

Have you looked at a the instax mini 90 neo classic? I know the pictures are smaller than normal polaroids but it has for example a double exposures feature that I really like. (look at some pictures, they look really cool). And it has a retro kind of look. It doesn't look as silly as the instax mini 8 (in my opinion).
    And then there is the instax WIDE series. Haven't used one of those but the film is twice as wide as an instax mini film.

#5 Houdini, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  6. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    One issue that might be worth considering is that I believe I heard that Polaroid photos aren't as long lasting as other photos.