1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any other dragon age/Mass Effect fans?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by WardenTabris, Nov 1, 2015.

1. WardenTabris

Hey,
    I'm kinda obsessed with dragon age, played all of them now. I love them. Mass Effect I only got recently and I'm still on the first game, but loving it so far.
    I was just wondering if there were any other fans on here. :slight_smile:

2. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Me!!!! :grin: love those games!

3. Lazuri

I've noticed you don't have to look very far on this site to find BioWare fans.

I've played all the games in both series and I like them all, even though I think the gameplay in the first game in both series is terrible.

4. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    May I ask what you didn't like about DA: Origins' gameplay? I fully agree about ME1 though, it was Xbox oriented and the gameplay suffered deeply on PC

#4 justin88, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  5. WardenTabris

I loved dragon age origins personally, but it was more the story than the game play. And I hadn't played that many other games, so I didn't have much to compare it too. It seemed good, but I guess I can see a few issues with the game play. :slight_smile: and although I like mass effect so far I can see issues with that too, I've heard it improves in the other games though?

6. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Mass Effect 3 has amazing gameplay, hands down the best.

7. Lazuri

It was stiff and boring.

The battles looked unappealing as the animations had minimum work put into them and every battle just looked like a bunch of automatons going at each other. The combat itself was also very unintuitive and felt like it was all about numbers.

The combat also took a minimum of one minute for every single encounter, no matter how trivial and a lot of battles took several minutes. Couple that with the fact that the game assumed I got bored if I went 30 seconds without punching something and just threw encounter after encounter at you. The game is like 30-40 hours long, but has very little actual content as the game is mostly filler in the form of slow and drawn out battles.

8. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    There's some awesome mods that completely changes the combat of the game. :slight_smile:

9. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    loved dragon age, i think it's a prettty cool series. also liked mass effect, though i havent played the game. seen the walkthroughs

10. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I binge-played through Mass Effect 2 til completion. Have had Mass Effect 3 for over a year and still haven't gotten around to it.

11. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    ME3 has amazing gameplay, unfortunately the ending is....DUNNO what to make of it to be honest :/

12. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I adore Bioware and anything non-Star-Wars related they touch. Mostly a Mass Effect fan tho. Got into Dragon Age early this year and burned out on it after 281 hrs. of gameplay between the main game and the expansion (Awakening). Have yet to play Dragon Age II or Inquisition, don't know when that's gonna happen since next in line I have the Witcher 2 and 3 and the expansion, but I'll get around it at some point (hopefully before the year ends). Specially now that they released the GOTY edittion of Inquisition with all the DLC. Wish they had done that with DAII.

#12 RawringSnake, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  13. Smoony

Smoony Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've written Mass Effect and Dragon Age fan fiction.

14. Lazuri

Meh. I usually just download a mod with the most ungodly broken equipment I can find and just breeze through the combat. The game still takes around 20 hours.

15. Nikky DoUrden

thats ok, u can say it. it was HORRIBLE, they probably fired everyone who worked on the game and let the CEO kid write the ending to save budget.

imo DA1 was the best, the others less so. da3 could be good if not so repititive ... and ... may i suggest they'll learn from Witcher 3 but i might get scoled (spelling!) for saying that :smilewave

16. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I LOVE MASS EFFECT !!!!!!! PLAYING IT TO DEATH !!!!!!!!! I HAVE 2 AND 3
    dragon age inquisition though i didn't buy it yet >_> i cant seem to find a copy in my town dunno why ....

17. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thankfully, we will always have that guy who wrote a 400 page fanfic "fixing" the game to remind us it could have always been worse. Much, much worse.

I read a write-up detailing specifically why the ending in particular went off the rails some time ago, but for the life of me I can't find it anywhere now.

18. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    my heart aches for kaiden saying "don't leave me behind" with a baby face :rolle:

19. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    As much as I love Bioware, I'm always asking myself what the fuck were they thinking with that horrible ending for ME3...

20. Lazuri

It's fairly likely to not be available in Syria at all. It did get banned in some countries due to adult content among other things.

It was EA's fault.

ME3 actually had a much, much better ending at one point, but it got leaked and EA wanted them to make a new one in an extremely short time, which resulted in the mess we were given.

The original ending was pretty good and actually had foreshadowing throughout the entire series. Basically, Shepard finds out that the reason that the Reapers show up every 50,000 years is because mass effect technology is what creates dark energy. Dark energy is a concept in physics that actually exists and is generally credited to being the cause of the galaxies moving apart and stars dying before their time. So the Reapers show up once enough civilizations have started playing with mass effect tech to stop them from tearing the galaxy and the rest of the universe apart with dark energy. Everything that uses the mass effect creates dark energy; the mass relays, biotics, FTL travel etc etc, and the reapers believe that sentient races will never give up these technologies when discovered. This is why the series is called "Mass Effect" as the name is a bit weird and specific otherwise and this is also why the sun that Haestrom (the planet where you pick up Tali in ME2) is dying so quickly and unexpectedly. You know, that sun that the game makes this huge deal about and then never mentions again? That's because the ending changed.