1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Kipster, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Kipster

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thought I'd make a thread about fighting games since I haven't seen any recent ones.

If there's three genres of vidyas I like, it's RPGs, platformers, and fighting games. I've always had a fascination with fighting games; I just like all the unique designs of the characters and all their movesets, and it's always cool to see two badass characters fight each other. and for Smash Bros, who wouldn't wanna see Link fight against Ness or any of your favorite iconic Nintendo characters?

I'm not too much into the competitive scene of fighting games, mostly cause I haven't played many, but they just look cool, and I just think they're fun. The only ones I own are Smash Bros (Brawl and SSB4, both for Wii U and 3DS) and Skullgirls.

I think Skullgirls is one of my favorite games because of the art style and how unique the characters are. My only complaint is that there aren't enough characters, but I get why, since there's a lot of work involved in animating those characters. Nonetheless let's hope Lab Zero makes enough money from Indivisible so they can make Skullgirls 2!

I actually even have a few small concepts for original characters for a fighting game, when I start programming eventually I could make that into a reality.

What are your opinions on fighting games? Like 'em? Hate 'em? Just couldn't get into the groove of them? What's your favorite fighting game(s)?

2. Lazuri

I tend to like them, but I suck at them so I don't play them a lot. That said, I've played in professional tournaments in Super smash Melee, Super smash Brawl and soul Calibur 3--did alright in all of them. I've also enjoyed a bunch of fighters based on Dragonball and Naruto

I guess looking back at the fighting games I enjoyed VS the ones I didn't like as much, I guess it's safe to say I like the simpler fighting games that don't have that "half circle forward punch" crap because I can never get the hang of it and just get pissed when the characters don't do what I want.

I tend to like the designs a lot, though--skullgirls definitely ranking high on style.

3. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Are you me? You sound like me. An awful lot.

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Soul Calibur is the only fighting series for me. Smooth action, awesome characters, and never a dull moment. And Siegfried is my jam. :love:

5. Charon

Charon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love Mortal Kombat, they always come up with gorgeous fatalities.

6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love Soul Calibur, but I haven't played in years and I don't have a console that supports it.

7. Bismuth

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Fighting games are one of the few types of games me and my younger brother are equals at. Matches of Injustice and WWE games tend to be very intense between us.

I can totally kick his ass at Smash Bros, though.

8. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I like all of them except for Super Smash Brothers.

9. Ryu

Ryu

I have tekken 2 and the two most recent ssb games. They're fun on occasion, especially for same sofa multiplayer, but they get old quickly.

Oh yeah, I also have wwe road to wrestlemania for gba but I've never actually played it...

#9 Ryu, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  10. Kipster

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, that's definitely why I adore Skullgirls. Really nice and creative designs, amazing handdrawn art style, and still manages to be a great game that works both casually and competitively.

Care to explain why? If it's because it plays too much like a party game, I can understand that.

Also, forgot to mention - while I only own Smash Bros and Skullgirls, I've played a few rounds of BlazBlue at a friend's house and that's another cool fighting game with designs I like. Man, I just really dig fighting game character designs.

You guys have any favorite fighters? Not mains, but characters you just really like. For example, my favorite fighter from Skullgirls is Peacock but I main Filia and Valentine.