1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark souls II :D

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Winter Linn, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Winter Linn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So of course my first post in this place is gonna be a dark souls 2 one -_-

Currently playing NG+ on PC Scholar of the First Sin.

Ornstein is the best!

Who here plays?

[​IMG]
    Pic - the last boss I killed (and an absolute nightmare)

2. Lazuri

I played it on and off until recently. I thought it was alright, but I was kind off turned off of it because a friend was constantly begging me to play it. Eventually I did and he and I put in 12 hours that day and I've been hooked ever since. It truly is a game that just fucks you until you love it.

I'm considering rolling a boxer character.

3. mituaski

mituaski Guest

Love the Souls games!

I'm also on my first NG+ playthrough. I'm sure the Fume Knight is going to drive me bonkers this time around.

4. Bismuth

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I personally prefer the first one. The introduction of a stat that directly influences the invulnerability window during rolls made it very difficult to attune myself with proper doge times. The abundance of weapons and armor was nice but the the finite amount of titanite shards (which were unlimited in DS1) made experimenting with new weapons to be extremely unattractive process.

Bosses were not as impressive either, with the oft mentioned "large humanoid with weapon" ringing true for most I came across. The rehashing of the Gargoyles and Ornstein (now in glorious desaturated color) felt cheap and multibosses were everywhere.

Travel didn't make much sense. Why does going down a staircase and a short hallway take me more than a mile away? Why does an elevator in a windmill take me to a volcano? Who thought a waist high pile of stones was a worthy barrier to progress?

I could go on. Believe it or not, I don't think that DS2 by itself is a terrible game but I would choose the first one any day.

5. Lazuri

Not an uncommon opinion.

I prefer the second one because it feels better and it was easier to play with friends, but all your other arguments ring true. The level and boss design especially, as the first game did this exceptionally well.

The little I've played in the third game felt great, though. Really looking forward to its release after I tried it out.

6. mituaski

mituaski Guest

I'll be honest, I was a little underwhelmed by the final boss. The buildup didn't feel the same compared to the showdown with Gwyn in the first Dark Souls. It's still very fun to play IMO

Anyone here tried playing Bloodborne yet? I'm thinking of picking it up soon :slight_smile:

7. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Second game's a good game in its own right, it's just a bit of a disappointment as a Souls game.

No Blight Town though, so that's something it's got over the original.

#7 GeeLee, Dec 11, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015