1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Pay/Android Pay/Samsung Pay

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by BaldOldGoat, Dec 16, 2015.

1. BaldOldGoat

I get it that many users are younger, without credit cards, or not from the USA, but I wanted to ask whether folks here have added any of those apps to their phones? Samsung Pay does work almost everywhere, not just places that are set up to receive tapping, but I find Android Pay slightly easier to use, because I just fish the phone out of my pocket, and as long as its unlocked there's nothing more I need to do; Samsung Pay requires that I swipe up the desired credit card, and then get my fingerprint touched correctly to authorize usage.

2. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't looked into these methods of payment, as I'm paranoid as all hell about these types of things.

3. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Same.

4. AlamoCity

Right now the most I'm willing to do is use my phone to check my bank balance. But, I have an iPhone so I would probably use Apple Pay if I had to use one.

5. Flatulentius

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I used Google Wallet before it was cool, and now I use Android Pay whenever I'm somewhere that actually takes it and am spending enough that I don't want to use cash - so, not very often. I used to have a Samsung Galaxy S4, but I can't stand the way Samsung screws up the default Android interface and makes it slower and less usable, so I only buy Nexus (or otherwise stock) Android phones now. Thus, no Samsung Pay for me. I'd use Apple Pay if I had an iPhone, which is what I'd switch to if I ever decided that Android just wan't working out for me any more.