1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with final fantasy 9

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Asterac22, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Asterac22

So after having a nostalgia trip on steam with 50% off final fantasy 7 i decided to buy a Psone and get some classic games one being final fantasy 9...i put the disc in and go to select new game then the music dies down and then nothing i just end up with blank screen...i think it might be the disc cause all my other games work, was wondering if anyone had similar issues in the past or any advice as its my fav final fantasy as well!!

2. Trevan

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello, do the disk have a lot of scratches?

If so maybe a local store with the correct tools might be able to fix it.

Otherwise, as you own a genuine copy of the game you are legally allowed to emulate it on your computer using an emulator like PCSX.

Hope this will help.

3. mituaski

mituaski Guest

4. Simple Thoughts

Oh boy reminds me of almost every time I played IX. Something would always go wrong, I swear that game was cursed for me. I did finally beat it though a few years back X3

If it's scratched up and stuff you should be able fix it pretty easily. My dad always fixed our scratched cd's so I don't know how myself sadly ^^"

5. Jellal

I've been wanting to play through FF9 recently but my memory cards don't work and emulation has been a rotten failure. This is great news.

6. Dollop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i used to hate all the discs freezing was a nightmare. Do u have a ps3? can always download it from the store

7. Nobo

Oh god was the freezing on PS3 bad right before you win or a save point it froze and you had to start over glad I have a ps4 now where losing progress happens way less