1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long Lasting Headphones?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ilovesg, Jan 5, 2016.

1. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I break my headphones every couple months and I broke my headphones today after only 2 weeks. I want to buy a pair that sound good and will last a long time. My friend has beats and she said they lasted her 3 years but those are kind of expensive and I don't know if there are better brands. I don't like the big over the head ones so that leaves me a little limited. Any suggestions?

2. radicalmuffins

Out Status:
    A few people
    I am very reckless with my headphones/earphones too and it's hard looking for a reliable one. I've been a fan of urbanears for quite a while now. I've also used sennheiser before. They are quite sturdy. You should check them out.

3. guitar

I have a pair of Sony MDR XD200's. They've lasted me 12 years of constant use, sound great (and balanced!), and can really take a beating.

4. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    thank you!! i will look into those

5. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  6. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, are you talking about headphones that cover the ears, or earplugs? If the former, I have a pair of Sennheiser Urbanite XLs that I love, and if you're looking for ear buds, I have a pair of Sennheiser Sport ear buds that are also noise canceling which are really good. :slight_smile:

7. dylanisawsome19

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I use Sol Republic.. Good quality not *as* expensive as beats and sound better in my opinion

8. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Right! Earbuds! That's the word I was thinking of.

Whichever the case, I am much like yourself (OP) in the sense that, be them earbuds or headphones, they only last me a couple of months, but that's a problem with me apparently since no piece of technology lasts in my hands lol. I just buy JVC anything since I find they strike the best balance between sound quality and affordability. I long stopped factoring durability into my considerations because I've learned I'll find a way to break anything.

#8 RawringSnake, Jan 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  9. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As far as over-the-ear, I've fallen in love with Outdoor Technology's "Privates."

As over-the-ear headsets go, they're pretty compact, fold nicely, and can be used either with a detachable cord, or via Bluetooth. I've beaten mine up pretty hard and they seem to be pretty durable. They're a little spendy ($99 list, though you can often find them on sale for about $79) Great sound quality, too. They claim to (and do) have a microphone so in theory they can be used as a headset, but my experience is the microphone is pretty poor quality so I've never used it.

You may also want to check out Koss' (koss.com) line of earbuds. Many (most?) of Koss' headphones and earbuds carry a limited lifetime warranty, so if you manage to have them stop working through rough use, they are pretty good about replacing them. They do charge $9 ship/handling for replacement (which, conveniently, probably covers their manufacturing costs and shipping costs), but it's still better than throwing them away and buying new ones. They have earbuds from about $10 to $150.

10. Ryu

Ryu

I've had apple in ears used pretty much every day for four years and they've never broken. How do you people break head/earphones so easily? My sister breaks a set every 3 months and it just baffles me... Especiall seeming as instead of buying a £5 pair once every 3 months, why not buy a £100-200 set which shoul last you ten years if treated properly.