1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is decent software for an image project? (Timeline)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by colt, Feb 20, 2016.

1. colt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm creating a timeline for a series I love, and I want to use a tool other than Paint so I can save everything in a high quality format. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am extremely new to all this, and I'd love a direction! Thank you~!

2. Lyze of kiel

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I heard that Adobe ilustrator is good for that sort of thing.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not really so great for raster images (regular pixels), though it can work with them. As long as you don't need to do anything to pasted images other than crop and arrange them while making the entry text and line itself as vectors, it is a good bet.

It can be extraordinarily confusing if you're not familiar with it already though, and Photoshop or some other raster program works just as well for such a project. I've used it to make 300dpi images printed on a color laser printer, and you can't see the pixels at all. It looks perfectly smooth. I imagine free programs like Gimp are also capable of doing this. :slight_smile:

#3 Argentwing, Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  4. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The only decent software I know of that's actually free was Paint.net. Oddly enough considering it's name, it's not a website but an application so typing it directly in the bar will take you to the wrong place. This is the one I'm talking about: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paint.NET (The actual website is in the bottom of that info box I think)
    It comes with a color wheel, layers, saving formats, and a few other nice things. It's going to be confusing at first but in general it's an upgrade to the standard Paint.
    I always used it and Game Maker 8's sprite editor to do digital artwork, which I'm hoping to get back into before too long. I'd recommend it too but the software isn't free and the version I use is no longer available. Anyway, Hope I helped!

5. cibi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    alias maya

6. Nikky DoUrden

If u want to make a timeline and look slide after slide maybe PowerPoint can do the trick ?