1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam won't open on a Mac?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by BradThePug, Mar 8, 2016.

1. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey everybody!

So while trying to open my steam, I have ran into an issue. It opens the log in screen, and I log in. But right after I log in the program disappears. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program from my computer. It's also doing the same thing with my account on my partners computer (they have a macbook as well). I'm confused and frustrated on what to do now. Anybody have any suggestions?

2. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you should try downloading it again from the website, maybe from a different browser, and installing that version. Steam works on my mac, so I don't think it is a problem with macs.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think that it may be an account issue now, because my partner can log onto my computer just like normal. So, I have a ticket into steam support and I'm hoping that they can help me.

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I finally found out what the issue is. Other mac steam users were having the same problem. If you hit the remember password button, then it will let you log in. At least it was an easy fix I guess?