1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video game bosses/ levels that made you rage quit?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Soundwave, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Soundwave

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok lets be honest we've all played video games that made us rage quit, it was either that one boss or one level that made us scream in rage. Me personally it would be kh2 final mix : vs Roxas lvl 1 playthrough and final fantasy 12 : vs the 5 judges what are yours? :bang:

2. 101DeadRoses

UGH GOD

THIS IS GIVING ME FLASHBACKS

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE FLASHBACKS

There is a game called Vampire Rain.

It could have been a diamond-in-the-rough type of game, as it's sort of a cross between Splinter Cell and a good ol' gory indie horror...

The animations and voice acting were...unique, but it could have been fun, as I like stealth games.

BUT OH GOD THE FREAKING KNIFE!!!!

The UV knife mechanic is just freaking broken. There is NO WAY to sneak up behind those bastards and stab them. The basic tutorial guy killed me. THE TUTORIAL GUY. Y'know, the guy that's supposed to be like "Huh, what a nice day, OH CRAP A KNIFE, ah well, I'm dead"?
    He killed me. I think I got past the first level of tutorial, then the second level killed me, then I respawned at the first guy and died and died and died and died and died until I just quit. Haven't touched it since.

I liked some of it, as I have a soft spot for awkwardly-made indie games, but I just couldn't DEAL with that bull...
    I was on easy too.

#2 101DeadRoses, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  3. Soundwave

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hate those type of games you put it on the easiest difficulty and it still kicks your butt.

4. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

Ludwig from Bloodborne lmao

5. Thefowl

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The whole game Dark Souls lol, and there was a part in the game Ferrous Joe that I spent like a week trying to beat. I got so frustrated I sold it, that game still haunts me:eek:

6. QueerChair

Long story short. I was about 7 years old, unable to do most simple things in a game. I always got stuck on the first level of this game called 'Horsez.' You were supposed to find the girl dangling off a cliff in two minutes. I was always confused on what to do, the time ran out, she fell off and died, rage quit.
    Of course, my taste in games changed long ago, along with my ability to actually play a game. I could've taken this question more seriously and chosen something else, but that experience always sticks out when people ask about things that made me rage quit.

#6 QueerChair, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  7. Soundwave

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I find myself going back to videogames that I couldn't beat a a child like super Mario64 donkey Kong 64 feels good to beat those games. I mostly play RPG and fighting games now a days.

8. Lazuri

Uncharted 3. It was a good game until the enemies had "take your high explosives to work" day. At that point it started to frustrate me, but then when the Djinn enemies started appearing, I just rage quitted. Half of those motherfuckers seemed to be carrying RPG and cover was totally worthless since they could teleport.

9. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Demyx in KH2. I hate that bastard.

Final Fantasy X but because of the disc. My copy was scratched so it would often freeze before you could save. I must have played the Evrae boss battle a hundred times because I would either A) Die fighting him or, B) Beat him only for the game to freeze at the cutscene. Same with Seymour.

10. Lanker

My entire lvl 1 run in KH2. It took me around 40 tries to beat demyx, not to mention the hours and the thousands of retries it took me for the the rest of the bosses.

I`ve yet to finish the game in critical mode lvl1, but after spending ONE ENTIRE HOUR to beat the second boss in the Land of Dragons (thanks to me barely dealing any damage) , I don`t even want to think about finishing it. Just imagining my future fights with Xigbar or Roxas is enough to send shivers down my spine.

11. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bowser at the end of Super Mario world when I was like 9 or 10 or something. So frustrating. I had no idea what baiting was at the time. So easy in retrospect.

I have broken a controller over call of duty before.

12. Jellal

Sephiroth on Expert in KH1. Sure I could grind for more levels and ultimate equipment but that would be defeating the purpose to me, I might as well use some cheap ass ability like strike raid if I'm supposed to win at all costs. I want to win fair and square and sadly I can't pull it off. I've gotten to the final phase a couple times but it takes like almost an hour to get there. Ultimately I think I've given up on this boss forever and it definitely made me rage quit a lot

13. DRex

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Tiki Tong in Donkey Kong Country Returns. After getting to him, I managed to save up about 70 lives, and proceeded to lose every single one of them in my attempts to kill him. That was incredibly frustrating and I have still never managed to beat that game.

14. Lazuri

This. So much this.

It doesn't even make sense. "Man, you're really kicking my ass, but unless you kill all these super weak and pointless water forms in ten seconds, I win. Don't leave a single one, despite them being literally no threat to anybody."

Fuck you, Demyx. Fuck. You.

15. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I spent the best part of a day battling Score Attack Chizuru from Aquapazza. I eventually won but you can bet I was feeling furious, even if I didn't show any signs of frustration!

One task that I gave up on was Unlimited Mars mode in Blazblue; it's an insane boss-fest.

Video games frustrated me more as a child. We definitely improve over time

If I enjoyed Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls II, then how difficult can Ludwig be? That might be like my famous last words lol (I'll probably play Bloodborne sometime)

16. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Every single boss in Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Vanilla edition). Broken as fuck. Eidos outsourced the encounters and it shows, they are completely divorced from everything else on the game. Complete botch-job.

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. After the first few chapters, that game takes the definition of "brutal" to it's most literal extreme. There are games that you don't finish because you lose interest or whatever, and then there are games you can't finish because the difficulty is just plain ridiculous. Think Ninja Gaiden back in the day, think Battletoads. I firmly believe Days of Ruin has a place in that pantheon of games so unfairly hard they are almost unfinishable.

Oh, and everything beyond the one minute mark in Devil Daggers.

#16 RawringSnake, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  17. BisexualQueen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Xigbar and Demyx from Kingdom Hearts 2. Ugh just thinking about it makes me mad :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Raquaza from Pokemon Blue Rescue Team! Though the music was awesome. And all of the bird trio bosses. Honestly, that whole game was tricky for a much younger me. :lol:

19. Gallium

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Several games made me this, but the one I remember most is Jergingha from The Wonderful 101. The first phase was easy, but the rest were a nightmare (mainly because I suck at that game). And, when I finally defeated him, I unlocked Hard mode, so I did it again, harder than ever. I did it after some days and unlocked 101% mode. I'm going to have a really bad time fighting him (In this mode, even Laambo is hard).

20. Lazuri

Yeah, I'm curious too. Like, on a scale from The Last Giant to Fume Knight, how difficult is he?