1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got a gaming laptop and I'm pretty much in love

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Par, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Par

Par

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This thing can run all my games on the highest graphics setting without dropping more than a couple of frames. Also the backlit keyboard has a rainbow setting ^-^
    It's a bit of a power guzzler but I'm not planning on using it outside the house anyway.

2. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, which one you got?

3. Natasha Elyssa

I have a gaming laptop as well, love it. :grin:

4. Lazuri

No offense, but if this is the case, why didn't you just buy a desktop? You would've been able to buy a significantly more powerful desktop at the same price or a desktop of comparable power at probably as low as half the price. Not to mention the cooling problems laptops have, no matter how powerful, and the fact that you can't change components in most of them.

5. BobObob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm glad you're enjoying you new laptop. However, I agree with Lazuri that a desktop may have been a better option if mobility isn't an issue. Desktops offer much a much better performance/price ratio, and you can usually upgrade or repair them in piecemeal. If you want better graphics performance in a few years, it's usually easy up plug in a new graphics card (so long as you have enough headroom with your power supply). It's easy to add a cheap second or third hard drive. Upgrading the CPU is certainly possible, but a significant CPU upgrade usually requires upgrading the motherboard, which is a pain. It's usually easy to deal with heat issues with desktops too.

In general, I recommend that people do not buy laptops when looking for gaming machines unless mobility is important to them.

6. silverdeer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm just sitting here with my 2gb ram intel celron laptop :tears:

7. Nikky DoUrden

Celeron unite! :tears:

My lappy even lags on youtube at full screen :eusa_doh:

8. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    because you can't move your desktop everywhere in the house !!!!!!!, for example i'm tired my back hurts me i just go lie down on my bed, .........hey i want to go sit on the sofa, .....maybe i wanna sit on the balcony its too hot inside
    give me one desktop that can move easily from room to room
    and who have time to game in public places anyway?? unless you're travelling or something
    idk about you but,personally if i go out somewhere i never spend anytime playing on PSP or a laptop i just enjoy my time with friends or doing something fun
    besides i bet the laptop can last at least 3 hours on battery, i mean what laptop doesn't..
    they can also save some battery by turning off fancy stuff like keyboard lighting or lowering the screen brightness or lowering the CPU OR GPU clock rate i heard many people getting longer battery time with little to no fps drops..

#8 joshy the queen, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  9. Yosia

Nice one! I could really do with one tbh, if anyone wants to give me a small loan of a million dollars xD

10. Lazuri

First of all, is the ability to move the PC around the house really worth the significantly worse price/performance ratio? Secondly, you can't game effectively anyways unless the PC is placed on a flat, hard surface. Put it on your lap and it's going to burn your lap with its excessive heat before long. Place it on a soft surface like a bedsheet and it will block exhausts and overheat faster. And if you're in your bed, where are you going to have the mouse anyways? Are you gonna play a game with the trackpad?

There's no situation in which a gaming laptop is better unless you're a hardcore gamer who needs to move around a lot.

11. Nordland

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My gaming laptop is basically my child.

12. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes there is just no space for a gaming desktop. I have room to set up a laptop for gaming, but I wouldn't have room to have a desktop as a permanent fixture - I'd have to pack it away when I'm done. So it'd have to be a very compact!

Anyway, congrats Par - enjoy it! I'm jealous. If it works out, you'll have to message me your recommendations.

13. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family