1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bloodborne/Dark Souls!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by aceabegq, Apr 9, 2016.

1. aceabegq

Out Status:
    A few people
    Loving the whole universe that it's set in!

Anyone got any favorites who are playing it at the moment? Any favorite monsters?

- Ace

2. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

I love Bloodborne!

3. Buusy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A few days ago I started playing DS3 and I really like it. I've never finished DS but DS2 and Bloodborne and for me Souls 3 has the best and worst of both worlds (camera :grin:). And my favourite monster is the mimic, it kinda has a funny look :grin:

4. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Me and my friends have these gatherings to play Bloodborne. I'm the worst at the game, but that's because I have little experience with souls games. One of my friends in that group gifted me Dark Souls through Steam so I can get better. I have been improving, but...I'm still really bad at the game. Still fun as heck.

The soundtrack and aesthetic for Bloodborne is amazing, btw. Absolute love.

5. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I love these games. I got ganked early on in DeS and that was like "Welcome to Demon's Souls"!

I'm playing Dark Souls III with the 1.03 patch. The areas seem HUGE, but I think the visuals are playing tricks on my brain -- progress is straightforward. I keep forgetting that I have a shield. Let's call it the "bloodborne effect"! The bloodborne effect is proving to be beneficial -- I'm dodging attacks even better than I did in Dark Souls II. Oh, and I found a mimic, I like the concept of that enemy lol

I don't really watch people play through these games. I do however enjoy seeing how folk battle bosses, you never know know when you might learn something new, especially with different play-styles.

One of my fave bits in Demon's Souls was using the Storm Ruler sword to destroy Storm Beasts. I felt like a god striking down those pests!

I liked the mushroom enemies in Dark Souls. The first time I saw them I was chasing/killing little mushrooms and it looked like the survivors complained to the big mushroom about me! I like the designs of the Silver Knights and Black Knights. Plus I got the black knight halberd from an early mini-boss and I basically went through the entire game with that weapon. I think I accidentally found my way into some PVP tournament in Anor Londo, I thought it was fun, so I played along.

And then there's Dark Souls II. I literally laughed when The Last Giant rips its arm off and proceeds to attack with it. The situation seemed a bit mental lol. I could go on, but you get the picture... these are some of my fave video games and I've invested insane time in them

6. Lazuri

Aaaaaand there we go. Game finally launches, I decrypt it on Steam, launch it aaaand it's a horribly broken piece of shit. *slow clap* well done Bandai, well fucking done.

7. Faschmemster

Faschmemster Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    I am a huge fan of the series, I have spent over 400 hours on each game since Demon Souls. I love everything about it, especially the atmosphere and the lore. The music is excellent too. I was slightly disappointed with the difficulty of Dark souls 3 though, is it just me or is it easier than the previous games?

8. Lazuri

No, it's more difficult. You've probably just gotten better at it. Dark Souls 2 will forever be the easiest entry, Fume Knight excluded.

9. Faschmemster

Faschmemster Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    idk about you but Dark Souls 2 was quite hard for me. Mirror knight was extremely hard, as was the squalid queen. The only boss I had problems with in Dark souls 3 was Nameless King.

10. Lazuri

Dark Souls 2 is commonly seen as the easiest game in the series with a much nicer difficulty curve. The only boss I truly had issues with in DkS2 was Fume Knight. The other guys weren't so bad.

11. KayJay

I was going on a platinum on Bloodborne but my save got corrupted right at the end on the save where I did everything specifically for the one ending trophy. Gave up after that.

I've never played Dark Souls but my god did I love Demon's Souls.

12. Umme

I beat cleric beast in bloodborne first try!(this is a really big achievement for me...)

13. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Started Dark Souls 1 just a few days ago. Right now I'm at the Taurus monster on the castle wall and have died to him several times. Just can't figure out how to dodge his attacks. X.X

14. RainDreamer

Darksouls 3 has quite easy bosses, excluding a few, but the area in between and some minibosses are frigging pain.

15. Simple Thoughts

I rented Dark Souls III from the redbox to see if I'd like it or not since I've never played a Dark Souls game.

I hate it. I hate it a ton. I wasn't having fun, I was just really angry the whole time, and it's so easy to spend an hour playing that game only to lose all of your progress and wind up having wasted an entire hour of your life for no reason.

I get zero sense of accomplishment from the game as well. It doesn't really reward you for doing well it's just a constant never ending punishment that is impossible to really enjoy. At least for me. Apparently some people are masochists.

16. Lazuri

Are you fighting him on the castle wall or up on the tower? There's a ladder to your right immediately when you enter the fog.

Dark Souls is one of those games that fuck you until you love it. When I first picked up Dark souls, I hated it. In fact, I sold it the next day. Something made me try it again and I approached it differently.

Dark Souls isn't just about skill; it rewards patience and pattern recognition. Yes, you will die, many times--but death is part of the game when it comes to Dark Souls and you should try not to think of death in Dark Souls as you think about death in other games. Death is expected of you and it is a learning experience; every time you die, you come back stronger until you prevail and when you do, oh man, there's nothing like it.

17. Simple Thoughts

Eh it's just frustraiting to me.

I get mad, quit, pick it up, get mad, and then quit again.

I'm stuck on a boss now and I just rage quit. I would try leveling, but I don't think it'll help any at all.

18. Lazuri

Honestly, the most common way to defeat bosses in the Dark Souls games is to throw your body at them for a couple of runs until you have them figured out, then you go for the kill.

To be completely honest, I had issues getting into it until I played through Dark Souls 2 in its entirety with a good friend of mine. A couple of hours into the run--that I agreed to for his sake--I started to see the appeal and got hooked.

But you know, just like every game, it's not for everybody. If you can't enjoy it like us fans of the series, then that's a shame, but it can't be helped. At least you gave it an honest go.

19. Simple Thoughts

I dunno, I kept it an extra day. Gonna give it another go in a bit, but I still can't beat Vordt and this is like one of the first bosses of the game. I'm guessing it only gets harder, and I'm already getting the crap beat out of me by this game. I've put hours into this game and barely made any progress at all. It's ridiculous.

---------- Post added 29th Apr 2016 at 11:17 AM ----------

I dunno, I kept it an extra day. Gonna give it another go in a bit, but I still can't beat Vordt and this is like one of the first bosses of the game. I'm guessing it only gets harder, and I'm already getting the crap beat out of me by this game. I've put hours into this game and barely made any progress at all. It's ridiculous.

20. Lazuri

In Firelink shrine, the merchant there sells a white soapstone, buy that, go to Vordt's fog door, use the soapstone to drop your summon sign and wait. Before long you'll be summoned as a phantom to help somebody else beat him; if you die there, the worst thing that will happen is that you get sent back to your world without losing your souls--use this to practice fighting him and getting his pattern down. If you do manage to help somebody else beat him, you won't progress yourself, but you will gain a large number of souls and put you in Lord of cinder mode as if you had used an ember; when you're in Lord of Cinder mode, you gain 30% more life and gain the ability to see white summon signs so that you can summon somebody else to help you beat Vordt, if you feel like you need it.

---------- Post added 29th Apr 2016 at 06:46 PM ----------

Also, don't feel bad about Vordt being one of the first bosses and you can't beat him. I have a disgusting tendency to die repeatedly to the easiest bosses in the series and win easily against some of the hardest. It's really weird.