1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali Linux

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ThetasTrust, Apr 12, 2016.

1. ThetasTrust

ThetasTrust Guest

I just started with Kali Linux and am running it on VirtualBox. I was wondering if anyone on here is using it. Honestly havent gotten very far... I don't really know what to do after i scan for vulnerabilities.

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hai sweetie, I'm a Kali user. So, after you find the vulnerabilities, you're supposed to exploit them (metasploit, use compatible payload, set required options, run exploit). What does your environment look like? By that, I mean, do you have your "target" VMs set up? Are they Windows, Linux, what?

3. ThetasTrust

ThetasTrust Guest

Im using Windows 7 for the other virtual box.

---------- Post added 15th Apr 2016 at 08:53 PM ----------

Windows 7 32-bit sorry.

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, once you've scanned for the vulnerabilities, you have to exploit them with a compatible payload from Metasploit. An important thing to remember is that patching needs to be turned off. Many of the exploits in Metasploit are for vulnerabilities that have already been fixed, so if you let Windows patch itself, then you probably can't do the exploit.

What I would recommend, for some easy, easy stuff, is like, find an old Windows XP SP3 virtual machine and get that up and running. It will be vulnerable to something called MS03-026.

5. ThetasTrust

ThetasTrust Guest

Alright thanks. I'll try to find one