1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate protagonist canon bisexual

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Onthebifrost, May 10, 2016.

1. Onthebifrost

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't know if anyone heard about this.

To be honest, that subplot launched AC:S from a game that I expected to be a time killer before Fallout 4 came out to clocking it in at a new personal favorite. Like a lot of people, I thought it was high time that Assassin's Creed gave us a lady Assassin in a major title, but I was completely stunned that Jacob was a queer dude and it made the whole game a much better experience. There's also a neat trans guy side character who is a thief and likes trains.

Granted, Jacob's queerness is very Hays Code; it's not in a ton of the story, and was hinted at in text, but people from the creative team have spoken out about it being very intentional, and then the official Tumblr said he was bi, officially! (Given the hugely queerphobic state of major, AAA action titles, I'll take it!)

It's also really fun/funny/well optimized. The story isn't as detailed as I would like, but I also think it kind of helps keep it lightweight. If that at all seems like your kind of thing, I would highly recommend it.

Was wondering if anyone had played it/had heard this about the game, and to throw it out there if anyone wanted to learn more.

Also, if you've already played AC:S/liked it, I wanted to start a thread chatting about it!

2. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This makes me more happy than it probably should. I was already interested in buying Syndicate eventually, but now it's an insta-buy as soon as it goes on sale again.

#2 RawringSnake, May 10, 2016
    Last edited: May 10, 2016
  3. Lazuri

Syndicate was decent for an AC game. It was definitely the first one in a while that I actually enjoyed. AC4 was nice until you had to leave the ship, then it became the most unimaginary title ever. I'm also a huge fan of the setting, so that might've been why.

4. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This was the main and until now only reason why I was interested in it. Syndicate is basically the AssCreed game I've been waiting for all my life, I love Victorian London as a setting, and I even had had conversations with a friend of mine that has been a longtime fan of franchise about how the only thing they could do to get my attention would be to set a game in Victorian London. Cue Syndicate. The fact that it has not one, but two protagonists, that one of them is bi, the other one female, and that it has received such a positive reception all across the board are just the icing on my Victorian cake.

#4 RawringSnake, May 11, 2016
    Last edited: May 11, 2016
  5. Lazuri

The combat is also really satisfying. The knuckledusters, kukri and cane swords are all very satisfying to use, which is good, because the combat in Unity was extremely lackluster.

I mean, look at Evie going fucking nuts with that cane sword.