1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any PS1 games with gay characters?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by TossAWatermelon, May 26, 2016.

1. TossAWatermelon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah, I was just looking up some PS1 RPGs today and I was wondering if any games back on that console (not just RPGs) had any gay characters, since I know how different it was back then so I thought they would stand out. :wink:

2. Sharka Sharka

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, games back then that had gay male characters were portrayed very stereotypical and were seen as jokes soo.

3. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Parasite Eve and Parasite Eve 2 are about a lesbian couple who fight monsters or something. It has one of those really far East anime plots that are very difficult to follow.

4. A Seraphim Moon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Final Fantasy VII -It doesn't necessarily have a gay character the you would play as, but there is a gay character in the game. Your main character, Cloud, has to dress in drag at one point. Needless to say to get all the items for the outfit there is one scene where he ends up in a bathtub to get a thong, to get the best one the screen goes black so it is implied that the guy he is in the bathtub with and he did the deed.

As far as Parasite Eve 1 and 2... The story is hard to follow, I've also seen the movie. It's not necessarily that they are a couple of sorts, but 'Eve' does late if you follow the story does develop a thing for 'Aya' which is the character you play as. 'Aya' accepts it, but her relationship can not progress further. 'Aya' is partial to humanity, if she would choose 'Eve' then the mitochondria would win and humanity would be no more.

Now, one thing you must be aware of concerning mitochondria. They live in a symbiotic relationship with us. They are in our cells deep within the nucleus and can be dated to the first woman in Africa named 'Mitochandria Eve' it is said that they are a parasite and we are the host. But, question... If they tell our cells when to live and die, when to let our fingers form, etc. Then would it not seem that instead, we are the parasite? Only the female mitochondria passed on, not the male. Hence why they can not track the male.

The science aspect is why I like that game because in part it's based on truth, but still just theory for the story line on how our mitochondria evolve and let their presence be known. It's not just mitochondria... There are a few things, if all the mitochondria in our body resonate at the same time with one another they can produce 200,000 volts of energy, so in a sense that can also explain spontaneous combustion. But, still... In theory. The movie itself also is just in theory. Culturing cells in a way to bring someone back from the dead, mitochondria resonating with another persons mitochondria, etc.

Both, are well done and worth it for the story and the science that it covers. The transition with incorporating the science within the story is done in a way that isn't over the top and mind boggling, it's done in a way that even a laymen can follow and understand.

#4 A Seraphim Moon, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
  5. Matheus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i know this is 5 years late, but I've read Persona 2 has a gay character you can enter a relationship with