1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanting to develop my own app

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Alder, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey all, anyone have any tips? I want to develop an Android (or iPhone) app - it would be pretty basic, sort of like a journalling/writing app, nothing too fancy.

I have some basic knowledge in coding but I'm not sure where to start. Should I use the templates/websites which offer to help you create your own app, or is there a way to start from scratch and code from there? (Tutorials would be helpful :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

Thank you!

2. Nikky DoUrden

I believe since when i learned android things changed a bit so u could start developing way easier.
    I think Google have their own IDE that includes everything so no need to break ur head with installation stuff.

But anyway, online courses works good, I did this one:
    https://www.coursera.org/learn/android-programming
    but there are more from other websites u can look up to see what suits u the best, just google "android online course" :slight_smile:

3. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Android app development has become easier since Google replaced Eclipse with it's own IDE, Android Studio.

thenewboston has a playlist of tutorials for Android app development, for beginners but with some programming knowledge.
    Here's the link to the YouTube tutorials. The videos are around 10 minutes long, so they are perfect. I am learning Unity and the videos are about 30+ minutes long, the shorter videos are just perfect.

Android Studio keeps evolving, so you might find yourself wondering about a certain feature that is unavailable or changed in your IDE, just check the comments below the video, people usually comment about the changes.

Also if you are bored, then you could simply chose to use online templates like ibuildapp.com.

Happy coding :slight_smile:

#3 mychemromance99, Jun 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2016