1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone good with computer stuffs?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Akira12, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    so i just got this new monitor to use as a second moniter and for some reason its more dull colors compared to my current one...like dull colors or all outright different like for one forum i go to the sides are a reddish orange on my first monitor and a black on the second one. the first is a smart tv vizio so idk if its cause of that or what. the second one is a AOC one. id love to be able to match the colors so there both crisp and sharp on the visuals lol. i just spent 2 hours messing with the color settings on the AOC to get rid of the greenish tint so bit irritated atm lol.

2. Emmie Love

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There are usually a bunch of settings that you can change to make a bit of a difference but, bad news, you probably won't get them to match. Monitors have a fairly limited dynamic range (due to many factors including the type of screen, method and type of backlighting, etc) and different monitors manage these factors differently. Most cheaper monitors (less than $500) use a limited colorspace as well—meaning that they are not able to produce the same gamut of colors that can be displayed on higher quality monitors. The only way to reliably get a good match is to use identical monitors, and the only way to be sure that the colors are reproducing accurately is to purchase a color calibrated monitor.

3. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ahh...was worried bout that v.v..thanks so much for the reply! guess this is as good as ill get it lol and makes sense...dont really want to go spend 600 for the same monitor =P

4. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only way you could get them to match would be through color management and profiling. That would require specialized equipment.

Even worse -- apparently identical displays can respond differently. It's enough of a bitch for it to require specialized courses.

5. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah...they're never going to match if they are completely different lcd's. You maybe could get it close playing around with some basic settings, but even then...

6. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can make them match where physically possible (as in, colors that both can reproduce will match) but that requires expensive ($1000 plus), specialized equipment and a technician such as myself, haha.