1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Theft Auto or Saints Row

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Rodessenth, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Rodessenth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Which franchise do you prefer and why? Personally I feel like I should be in favor of the GTA series but Saints Row is so silly and random that just makes me have a better time. Having played all of them (except for the first Saints Row, I have an xbox 360 but I can't find the game anywhere) I have to say GTA for story and Saints Row for having fun. What do you think?

2. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    GTA for sure. I felt like the first two Saints Rows were trying to get their success via GTA, they are good games none the less. But, I loved how they switched it up with three and four (superpowers and etc). I love those a lot more than the first two. Messing around in Saints Row 3/4 is more entertaining than GTA (maybe except GTA Online with friends). But, when it comes to story, I agree, GTA takes the cake.

#2 Blood Elf, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Saint's Row is a pretty direct GTA rip-off. But that being said, it's a really freaking good one which finally found itself around SR3.

It's tough to say which one I prefer, because they're both great, but GTA hit its prime in San Andreas and has since failed to rise to that level despite technical improvements. And because I love the customization and craziness of Saints, I'd say it's fair to call them equal at this point. There isn't one I'll regularly choose over the other.

#3 Argentwing, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  4. eMei

Saints Row 2 & 3 are great but 4 can get out of here right now. As a whole I like both GTA and SR.

5. Ashley2103

GTA.......but I specifically only like GTA 4. I liked the story in SR2 and SR3.....but GTA wins.

6. iiimee

GTA's better quality, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have the "Punisher" or whatever it's called that Saints Row has. XD Heh...

7. djkanan95

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've personally only played Saint's Row IV and I didn't feel like playing any others. I've played, and enjoyed, every GTA release since GTA III.

8. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Only played Saints Row 3 and 4, enjoyed both. Played GTA Vice City, San Andreas, and V. Liked them all.

Both are pretty solid, but my favorite game in the GTA style is The Saboteur. You play a drunk Irishman in WWII Paris. Some of the game play is a bit glitchy, but the story and setting more than make up for it. The dialog is fantastic, and the music is good.

9. Jakob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I absolutely adored Saint's Row 2. I thought the humour was actually really funny unlike it's successors which while it had its moments, felt like it was trying too hard and came off as childish and a little too "holds up spork".

Grand Theft Auto, on the other hand I've never been the biggest fan of. None of their games have really caught me other than San Andreas but only slightly. While I do own Grand Theft Auto V, its only redeeming factor is gameplay which is enjoyable (in first person) and the heists, both in the story and in Grand Theft Auto: Online.

Of the two I would put Saint's Row over Grand Theft Auto for Saint's Row 2 alone, because it still reigns as one of my favourite games of all time.

10. lliterallly

saints row!! ive never played one or two but i played 3 and 4. i didnt expect 4 to be good but it was actually a lot of fun!! its pretty underrated i think

11. purplewolf6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Saints Row. Had more fun on 2 & 3 than I had on GTA IV(my fav one probably because that's the only one I beat lol). Just enjoy the zaniness on Saints Row more. I couldn't get into GTA V but it is a good game.

12. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Jesus christ saints row 2 and 3 were the best of the sandbox games ever made. No question.

Outside of mmos saints row 2 is one of my most played games. I think I logged over 170 hours on one save.

#12 Kasey, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  13. Natameep

Saints Row 2, in my opinion, has the best storyline out of any SR game. GTA: SA has the best storyline out of any GTA game in my opinion. Though I would have to go with GTA.

14. BobObob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    GTA V. Rockstar knows how to give the GTA V games the right theme and feel.

15. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    GTA all day, I played SR 1 and 3 they were ok but I lost interest pretty quick. I've enjoyed all the GTA games from vice city onwards, I still occasionally play GTA online.

16. Solid Snake

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I liked SR2 back in the day, but now I like GTA more. It has a greater attention to detail, making the world feel more believable.

It's also more satisfying when taking out my daily frustrations on the citizens of Los Santos. Nobody likes them.

17. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    GTA hands down