1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice on tablet for college

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Akira12, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I got 2 choices one is my iPad mini I got last Christmas the other is a Microsoft surface RT tablet my grandpa gave me cause he got anew tablet. I like my iPad more so cause ease of use all my apps I want and small and light. The RT I like cause of the USB port and built in keyboard. This is for note taking in class for college for English and math classes. As well as general reading surfing the web and such. I'm leaning towards iPad cause I got an iPhone and I'm integrated in Apple ecosystem lol. What do you all think? I'd love to hear opinions and why I should chose such and such. In the end its what I feel comfortable with but I don't know much about Microsoft so any opinions would be welcomed! Thanks and have a lovely evening!

2. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Surface RT has a big pro which is the built-in keyboard. If you're going to be typing heavily, that's a must. However, Windows RT is a discontinued platform. It's already outdated and had little adoption, therefore it's very unlikely that there are going to be any new or updated apps. (Not that mobile Windows' app selection was ever good for any version.)

I'd stick with the iPad, it's newer, supported, and has a much larger app ecosystem, plus you already are an Apple user. You might want to consider buying an add-on keyboard for it, though. There are tons of different models.

3. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yea true and I decided to stick with iPad and gonna be buying a add on keyboard as soon as I can.

4. Mitchell

I'm sorry if this isn't what you're looking for, but why not get a cheap laptop? Wouldn't that be more productive for class?

5. idsm

I'm probably too late, but I would vote for the RT.

If you are going to do extended textbook reading on a tablet, then a bigger screen is rather essential. And since you already have a smartphone, your "on the go" needs are pretty much covered and you could afford to sacrifice the smaller sized ipad.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck on college! Enjoy student life! :slight_smile:

6. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A cheap laptop is likely to have very poor battery life, which I guess would be a deal-breaker in this case.