1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo Ds

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Micah, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Micah

So I totally want to buy one. Does anyone else have one? What are your thoughts on it?

To be perfectly honest I just want to play pokemon and relive my primary school days of the Gameboy colour :rolleyes:

2. UnderARock

Out Status:
    Some people
    I got a DS lite for xmas. So much fun. Last game i got for it was hotel dusk room 215. I thought i had out grown pokémon but i have been eyeing the new pearl game. i would definitely recommend the DS.

In all fairness im a complete Nintendo fanboi so i might a little bias.

Seriously get one

3. BBXL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Your better off getting a PSP, not that i have anything against the DS its just that on the PSP you can play movies, music, games, go on the internet, take photos (with the camera attachment), use emulators (Gameboy Advanced, Snes, Nes, N64) and some other things

4. davo-man

Well my mumjust bought one...yes thats right my mother bought one....but i have been playin it heaps....mostly Mario Kart and that is an excellent game....i recommend getting it, especially for pokemon....ive played the new pokemon and its pretty good.....although for some reason my version of pokemon pearl bugs out after i defeat the first pokemon...posiblly because its not exactly a legal version....anyway get the DS adn pokemon....go, now....

5. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think that those things are waaaaaayyyyyyy too expensive... if I had that much money (all those things cost over twice as much in Uruguay than in, for example, the US) I'd probably buy a new computer. Or an iPod.

6. Micah

its $200 here.

To put things into perspective, and ipod nano is like $250-ish

7. Kimi

lol:roflmao: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

8. GQMan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you should get a DS. Nintendo is king of the handheld gaming consoles and PSP games suck. Right now, the DS Lite is $150, so it is pretty cheap. Of course I am a Nintendo Fanboi too. I plan to buy one soon too. Can't wait.

9. ElfenLiedPictureShow

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah. i love it. i have Resident Evil, Mario: cart double dash, pokemon pearl, wario ware: touched, and a few others

10. 24601

The DS is awesome. Although I don't have all that many games, the games that I have are all fun (Mario Kart, Metroid, Pokemon Diamond, Super Mario). As GQMan said, Nintendo has always been king of handhelds, and this is no exception. The DS is unique with the whole stylus concept, and has loads of fun games, especially with the WiFi connection. Plus, often times Nintendo makes their new handhelds backwards compatible so to speak, in that you can play your old games on them. I can't see the future, but the DS can play all games from the Gameboy Advance (although not Gameboy Color... oddly enough), so if you used to have one of those that's at nice addition. Chances are, their next one will either be built off the DS or be able to play DS games too, though I have no idea here. Anyway, regardless of which one you pick, the DS is better. Haha :grin: No, but seriously, it is. I mean, get whichever is more fun, just make sure it's the DS. :slight_smile:

11. Micah

Hrm well I'm going to check out prices in the next few days. My friend works at a gaming store so I know I can get a discount =]

I'll shop around tho :slight_smile:

12. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I own one. If you do get one make sure to get the Lite, it's so much better, brighter and sleeker. It really depends what you want though. If your looking to have fun then the ds is certainly a blast. But if your more into graphics and all that fancy stuff then maybe it's not for you. The only thing i don't like is that Nintendo doesn't have many "serious" games (other than splinter cell, resident evil..) and it's more "babyish" games but they're so much fun either way. And since your interest was in Pokemon I'm sure your gonna love the game selection. Test it out at a store and check some reviews. Good gaming!

13. Red87

I just bought one off of ebay for about 90$, came with a case and bunch of accessories for it. I only own two games, but I love them so far. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice For All.

Basically you're a defense lawyer in court and you have to get your defendent a Not Guilty verdict against tough prosecution, using evidence and clues you find in the game's "investigation" phase. Then you go into Court and you have to prove false witness testimonies and stuff, by finding contradictions to evidence you have. You can even yell "Objection!!!" At the top of your lungs into the DS mic if you want. I get strange looks from my roomate when I do that. Oh well, enough on that.

Anyway, I love my DS. Its such a good timekiller, and its portable and Its battery seems to last quite a while, I've never drained it once. I recommend one, but see if you can get a good deal on one. I went through Ebay and got an excellent deal.

14. Micah

Well I'd mostly be playing it to fill in the 1 hr train trip to work/school each day, so games that you can pick up for short amounts of time and still have fun are a must (which i think is where the DS shines).

As for the lite vs normal. Whats the difference (other than the 50 or so dollars :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

15. boarder25

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah you should definitely get one. They're quite fun. The only difference between the lite and the normal is basically the size. The lite is a lot less bulky and easier to carry around, so if 50 dollars doesn't make that much of a difference to you, I'd say you should go for that one.

16. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To put things into perspective, an iPod nano is like $700-ish in Uruguay. And I am sure that a Nintendo DS costs about $800 if it's available. Personally I have never seen one - well, the only similar thing I've ever seen is a PSP, and the guy who had it had bought it in Portugal. Most people here didn't even know such a thing existed.

17. GQMan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    the DS Lite is smaller, the screen is brighter. it last much longer. i the stylus is put in a better place. and also it is better balanced.

18. 24601

There's no real reason not to get a Lite anymore. I think they even cost the same. But yeah, everything GQ said:

19. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

holy cow. :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

20. alex0791

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I had one and I ACCIDENTALY threw it away.