1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phones and Phone Plans

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by HM03, Sep 6, 2016.

1. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a confession, I've never had a phone before and know nothing about them.

I've done a little reasearch, but I still don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm not a very social person, so I feel like my needs are relatively simple:

*Decent camera. I'm thinking mostly for school (like taking pictures of bio specimens or lecture slides) or if I see something cool. But I really don't think I'll be taking thousands of pictures of friends/family or selfies aha.

* Almost no calling. I hate talking on phones and probably would be fine with a 2 call plan. Similar with texting. I don't really have many people to text and wouldn't have lengthy conversations, more just "OK, I'm at wherever now". I think I would love data though :lol: Most of the time I'm either at home or school, which have wifi, so it'd be mainly when I'm out or to kill time on the bus. How much data would I need just to look at the internet, Kik, or fb messenger on the bus for a little while each day?

Any recommendations for phones or plans based on that? Common sense I should know? Or even just warn me about a bad phone or provider that you hate?

2. tyro

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Your in Canada so I don't know about plans. I use about 5 gigs a month but that included video. I like the iPhone (used to have an android I like the iPhone better but I also liked the android).