1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best gaming computer build for 400-500 dollars

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Michael5, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Michael5

Michael5 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello I'm currently trying to find a decent computer build for 400-500 dollars to play games like world of Warcraft and Elder Scrolls Online and other moms. I would want to be able to be able to run the game at the minimum of good graphics settings. Any help would be appreciated!

2. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    At that rate, it'd be best to build your own.. That is if you're willing to do so.

3. Michael5

Michael5 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm planning on building my own I just don't know which would be the best parts for an mmorpg gaming computer.

4. Steve Job

Hi,
    Can you tell me which game is best to play?? Please recommend me I am waiting for your reply.
    Thanks for sharing..

5. Michael5

Michael5 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It really depends on which style of game you like. World of Warcraft is an open world mmo with tab targeting style combat but wow is one of the games that manages to pull it off. There is also a lot to do once you finish leveling lien raids and high level pvp which looks very fun. Also there is a monthly subscription fee for wow so if you don't want to pay that I wouldn't recommend it unless you really want to play. If you love the elder scrolls series then you would definitely enjoy elder scrolls online because it features mostly all of the areas and some ones mentioned in the other games. Over time I'm guessing that the developers will add the whole of taumriel. This game uses an action combat style which you probably won't enjoy if you didn't enjoy skyrims combat. Elder scrolls online has some pretty good graphics but isn't the highest quality that some other games launching this year have. Also the pvp in it is very large scale where you can be attacking or defending a castle with hundreds of players. There is no subscription fee for this. I couldn't decide between which one I wanted so I just bought both and am now trying to build a decent computer to run them. In the end it really depends on what you would like. Maybe watch a few gameplay videos of Both and see what you think.

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd go with an i5 processor, a mid-grade graphics card, 8GB of RAM, and a 1TB hard drive as its basic specs. MMOs are not usually half as graphically intensive as the latest games of other types, so you can get away without spending $1k to make a beast. I'll admit I'm not as knowledgeable about specifics of the other computer parts, so I'd say some more research on motherboard, power supply, and case is necessary. But that should give you decent performance in the budget range.

7. BobObob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    pcpartpicker.com and reddit.com/r/buildapc are your friends. pcpartpicker.com is usually able to tell you what is compatible with what. I chose the following parts through pcpartpicker for $469.90:

CPU: Intel Pentium G2130 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor
    CPU cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
    Motherboard: Asus P8H61-M LE/CSM R2.0 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
    Memory: Kingston 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    Graphics card: EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB SSC ACX 2.0 Video Card
    Case: Azza SIRIUS ATX Mid Tower Case
    Power supply: EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply

This doesn't include an optical drive, mouse, or keyboard (all of which can be purchased for cheap nowadays if you don't already have them). I also assume you already have a monitor. These part aren't high performance, but from what I can tell, they play the two game you mention fine. If you're willing to increase the budget by ~$100, you could get an awesome 4 core i5 instead of the 2 core Pentium I list. You also might be able to get better bang for your buck with some AMD CPUs.

This build doesn't come with much storage space, but the drive is an SSD, making boot and load times faster, and adding another hard drive is one of the easiest ways to upgrade a PC.

EDIT: On second thought, the Pentium may bottleneck Elder Scrolls Online.

#7 BobObob, Sep 25, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016