1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resources for programming.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Sealgirl19, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Sealgirl19

Anybody know any good resources or websites that would be great for learning programming or any specific coding? I felt that this would be helpful for be and others.

2. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I know several coding languages (HTML, Javascript, C++, SQL, and Python). I mainly just learned by looking through YouTube and various random websites

3. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This really depends on the programming language. =] For instance, HTML and CSS tutorials are often found in different places than Java and Python tutorials.

I tend to use the official documentations a lot. You can find those with relative ease (they are programming language specific). Besides that, I just Google whenever I encounter some problem that I cannot solve immediately. For instance, sometimes you need to import modules/packages/things in order to get things working, Google helps you out in that case by answering what things you need, how you should/can use them and so on.

If you really want a website, then I recommend Stackoverflow. I often end up there, it's very useful. :icon_bigg

4. Rainbows~Exist

Stack Overflow is quite good.

5. Nikky DoUrden

diveintopython for python, in case u already know a programming language this will be the best python tutorial for u

6. Brytaleith

There's this course I've been taking: MITx 6.00.1x Introduction to Computer Science and Python Programming
    It's an online course on the edX website.
    There are many online courses for learning programming, you just have to find them.
    Codecademy and Hackerrank are websites that teach you many languages.
    Or you could just search for a programming resource masterpost on tumblr. There are loads. I can't remember specific ones, though.