1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tales Series

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Jellal, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Jellal

Has anyone else here played the "Tales Of.." games? Like, Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Vesperia, Tales of Xillia, etc? What are your thoughts on these RPGs? I think it's great that there's a multiplayer action RPG. I only play these games with my friends. We love tackling the hard bosses with cooperation attacks and laughing at all the dumb anime drama and moments that don't make sense. When it works, it's a great combination of fun and silly that's kept us coming back for more. We gave up on Vesperia and Xillia 2, we almost beat Xillia on hard mode after 70 hours (ragequitted at the final boss) and we're making our way through Zestiria now.

They have a new one coming out, Tales of Berseria, and at first I was really skeptical about it, thinking that it looked even worse with its edgy female protagonist who looks like she barely escaped from a Hot Topic store that was being torn to shreds by possessed samurai swords. However, recently I looked at spoilers for the plot and I've gotten really hyped for this game. They put a lot more effort into the story and characters this time. Great hero and villain. Not to mention the opening theme for the game is killer, I've been listening to it nonstop all day. And I watched a lot of the animated scenes in Japanese, they conveyed the emotion so well. There were actually tears welling up in my eyes from this one scene which really surprised me for Tales, which we normally just play for fun. I can't wait to play this when it hits in 2017!

2. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I like most of the tales games. I've played Abyss, Xillia, Xillia 2, Symphonia, Symphonia Dawn of the New World, Zestiria, and I have Hearts R in Japanese. My friend imported Berseria and from the little bit of it I played, I really enjoyed it. The only tales game I don't like is Abyss mainly because I don't like most of the characters.

3. Leathe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love the Tales series! It's pretty awesome...(although I'd probably be called a filthy casual when it came to these games) The only one I really have beaten is Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World. And I think the only thing I really got out of that was "Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality."

I did however hear about the new Tales game and I'm currently playing Tales of Xillia with one of my friends, and I have Tales of Zestiria on steam (I've been stockpiling a lot of games on steam lately, though...so idk if that'll ever get done). I'm glad other people like the franchise! :slight_smile: Sometimes I feel like it has been forgotten.

4. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've played/beaten: Symphonia, Vesperia, The Abyss, Phantasia, and Legendia.

Symphonia is forever my favorite. My 4th favorite game of all time, favorite Tales game, favorite gamecube title, and inspiration that turned me into a writer.

5. owlcat

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've played Tales of the Abyss all the way through - which I absolutely loved, it's one of my favourite games - and started Tales of Symphonia, but I couldn't really get into it for some reason.

6. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have Tales of Symphonia but I just can't seem to find the time to hook up the GameCube. But Tales of Vesperia was AMAZING!

7. Kaden216

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Tales series is so good! :icon_bigg There's such a wide variety of characters and interesting plot lines. I'd really like to go back and play some of the older Tales games. My roommate and I played through Symphonia 2, Abyss, and Phantasia. We also played through most of Vesperia with a friend.

8. sonic1337111

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I played Tales Of Symphonia on steam when it was free one weekend and i wanted to continue playing but after that sunday i had to buy it which was a shame (I still don't own it and it's the only tales game i've played)

9. PianoKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Tales of Symphonia I should have the disk somewhere, the PSP version was pretty awesome and I liked the story! Never finished it

10. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've played Graces, Xillia, Xillia 2, and Berseria. Plus a few hours of Zestiria. I've enjoyed them all except Zestiria. Maybe it gets better later but I've got more interesting games to play