1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help - on taking screenshots

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Tightrope, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First off, this does NOT pertain to screenshots on Empty Closets. It's for something else.

How does a person take a screenshot of a multi-page thread where there are toggles at the bottom that take a person to the (A) next page or (B) expand the thread further?

Is there a way to do this?

I know that, with Windows, it can be done with Print Screen followed by cutting or pasting onto the clipboard and then saving it. How does a person prepare the clipboard to receive the paste? I seem to struggle with the last part, such as even finding the clipboard.

Thanks. I would appreciate the help from anyone who is savvy and knows how to work around the fact that it could be a multi-page document.

2. Enjel

Enjel Guest

I may be of use to you if I understand the gist of what you're saying correctly.

Once you've print screened (PrntScr), open paint, and paste it by pressing & holding Ctrl then press V

I hope this doesn't frustrate you more in which I do hope it helps.

Stay Easy! :thumbsup:

3. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The trick you're probably looking for is to first make a blank really "tall" document in Paint or Photoshop or whatever image editing program you have (set width and height in Properties for Paint, Canvas size for Photoshop, etc...). Then screengrab the individual screens (PRINT-SCREEN key) and paste them (CTRL-V) top to bottom - in Paint the default position is at the top, so make sure you grab it and slide it down while the area is still selected with a dotted line box around it. In Photoshop each paste makes its own layer, so it's possible to rearrange later. But Paint is cheaper. Similar concept with other editors (is GIMP still a thing?). HTH.

4. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can install a screenshot extension for Chrome or Firefox. Then you can save an image of a screenshot (of the entire page and not just the visible portion) as easily as you download an image from the internet. If your website has an option to show more posts per page, then maybe you only have to take several screenshots

There is a way to take screenshots of multiple pages at once, but it requires you to enter the address of every page you want to be 'screenshotted' and then it automatically saves them into images (probably pointless unless you have a list of the addresses already)

Another option is... you can install a software that automatically takes screenshots & saves screenshots as you (painstakingly?) scroll through the entire thread

If all else fails... you can download a copy of your website at that time and browse it offline. It's been a long time since I needed to do something like that, but maybe there is an option to download certain sets of pages

5. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you.

---------- Post added 12th Oct 2016 at 04:23 PM ----------

Thank you.

Thank you.

I appreciate this. I will have to figure out which method to use for the many pages.

You are all awesome!

#5 Tightrope, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2016