1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Singleplayer games playable on Windows Vista?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by AlexanderDragon, Oct 10, 2016.

1. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, I'm running short on games to play, and am stuck on windows vista, drop your suggestions below! Single player ideally, but if nothing else, multiplayer is chill too!:slight_smile:

2. Lazuri

How are you stuck on Vista? Virtually no games support it any more and even a lot of old games did not agree with the OS at all.

3. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ehehehe... Financial reasons mostly, and yes, I have been running into that a lot. Not many games I can play atm XD

4. Mitchell

Do you use Steam? Lots of choices, compatibility listed right in the online store if I recall.

If your PC can run newer editions of Windows, you're not able to get Win 7 or 10?

I know I get access at no charge from the college I attend.

5. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think it can hah, hesitant to try it any in the case I screw something up, and lord knowing me I will lmao

Yeah, I use steam XD all the games I'm interested in cost $60 or they're not compatible w/ windows vista :eusa_doh:

6. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh god Vista is awful, just wipe it and install Linux. It's better, trust me. You'll never look back. (This is coming from a diehard Linux fanboy though haha). I rarely ever use the Windows side of my computer. If the hardware is as old as the software, I can't imagine it's good for playing games either.

7. Lazuri

If you're uncertain your PC can run W7 or W10, then Vista is probably the least of your worries. Any game with a $60 dollar price tag, and hence recently released, will never even begin to run on your PC regardless of which OS you're using.

At this point, you're basically stuck playing games from 2007 or just purchasing a whole new PC, which you absolutely should.