1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is World of Warcraft worth returning?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Mitchell, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Mitchell

Hi again!

Is WoW worth returning to?

I haven't been on for ages and just wanted to know...

2. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Depends on what you're looking for in the game.
    If you're looking for a game to spend a lot of time on, regardless of story and gear progression, yes, it's worth returning to because the gameplay's fun.

If, like me, you only play it for the story and don't like obvious and unnecesary time gating, no, it's not worth coming back to until later in the expac when they've implemented the promised catch-up mechanics.

3. Mitchell

For me it's a social thing, to have fun while progressing through content with others...

4. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My wife plays... I got tired of playing it with people. But the story has gotten me interested again.

5. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm enjoying Legion but I'm not particularly hardcore about it... and I play on the gay server.:lol:

6. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There is a gay server? Is it free of children and dbags who swear too much and take the game too seriously?

7. metalhead

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I haven't stopped playing but had been less active since Cataclysm but Legion is getting very interesting.

A gay server? I'm curious about that too xD

8. Worgen2

Worgen2 Guest

I do love WoW I play it everyday but a lot have changed since Cataclysm that's when I started playing when the first starter edition came out for free. For a long time I played for free but then for a few years I played the full but went back to starter since it does get expensive and living off SSI is hard to pay $15 a month. Or around $73 or $76 for 6 months. Hopefully I can play the full game again since I like being able to go higher than level 20. It's a well made game for sure just eats lot of hard drive space like 40 GB now with Legion expansion pack. Back then it was like 15 GB. I started to love Wolf's from Worgens Worgens are my favorite race for Alliance and for Horde I like the Taurens. I use to only like Alliance since the Worgens but then started to play Horde since one of my old best friend Matthew liked Hordes and thought I should be in same fraction so we can meet. I use to start out with hunters since I get to have a pet but later I like being Warriors since I can be a Tank.

I can say though that the whole time when I played starter I have to play Humans since Worgens were only for paid members that time when starter came out then when Mists of Pandaria came out Worgens became free to play even on Starter Edition. But I did try the full game when Worgens weren't free to play and then I was surprised that Worgens were free to play race when Mists of Pandaria came out.

I still remember when I first played it when I had my old Sony Vaio notebook PC that was $600 back then and I made myself like Human race and a Hunter. Also I try to make Human male on WoW to sorta pick the face and hair color and style closest to Dustin Broke from The Sims 2 game since I love The Sims games also. Dustin Broke is my fantasy boy I wish was real and my boyfriend but his fake so it will never happen.

But ya WoW is a great game but just cost a lot of money. Hope to play the full game again soon since haven't played the full for a year so far.

#8 Worgen2, Oct 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2016
  9. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If price is a concern and you are willing to do some farming in game you can actually pay for your subscription in gold rather than dollars now.

10. Worgen2

Worgen2 Guest

Oh ya I heard about that few years ago but I didn't know how to do it and looks like it costs a lot of gold to do it I remember.

11. WVshycrab

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Legion has made the game better than warlords did. I'm a daily player. Always looking to meet new people and play with. Mostly play alliance pve I have make a couple horde before but haven't leveled them very far. Open to rolling new toons to play with new people