1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer geeks has did she do this

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Shasta, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    I was looking at this girls profile and I googled her. So how she found i ended up in her pymk and she ended up in mine. Some how she found I googled her. This makes me uncomfortable because what I google should between me and google. Not that I have anything to hide I am just a very private person. However I found out that my you tube watch history was available to the public so I changed

2. NoXsOrOs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thats um, thats intriguing. Probably just guessed...

3. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    are you saying she guessed my password?

4. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Showing up in you pymk does not mean she has your password. And yest that's an easy guess if someone shows up in your pymk, odds are they used a search engine to find you and, Google is one of the popular ones, it's also a generic term for "search the web" so, a good guess.

I could google you, assuming I had your real name or email address and, I'd end up in your pymk if I had an account on a site that you also have an account on and, that site has pymk. Of course you'd be in mine because I searched for you.

No big deal, just means you both have an account on the same site and, that site does pymk.

5. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    She has an fb account and so do i, she probably has a google account as well. As general rule to protect my interests and well being I google people I have encountered to rule out the possibility that this person would harm me. Most of the time if someone has been in trouble it will come up in the results.

Another reason I google I am victim of stalking so I have to rule out the possibility that someone has connections with my stalker and would give out vital information to them that would jeopardize my safety.

I get it makes her feel uncomfortable, like wise it makes me feel uncomfortable that she knows I googled her. That being said I found she is a very kind woman and that like me she has her struggles and it let me that know that I'm not alone in what I'm going through.

---------- Post added 10th Nov 2016 at 08:08 AM ----------

Also she has my email address

6. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If she can't understand your safety concerns, that's her problem. I search for people I meet online before I give out personal information too, unless the form I'm giving it it protects my identity, like here.

My FB and Twitter do not protect me as well, still nothing beyond my name and state out there but, anything beyond that, I'm checking you out before I give it to you. That's just good online safety sense for anyone.

Most people have social media accounts and, looking through those, then doing a search on them in their home country, or town, if they made that available will turn up any major issues there might be with them.

I've never been stalked or taken advantage of online and, I don't want to be. There are some real jerks out there and, online predators are there, I'm going to be sure you aren't one if I'm going to give you anything that could lead you to my doorstep.

7. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    I learned an important lesson, I thought because it was the internet that no one could find me out, but I'm more transparent then I thought. I thought she would have no way finding out looked at her profile.

8. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, pretty much anything you put online, particularly on social media sites is instantly public information. If you were able to search my real name or, my forum IDs form other boards, you'd find a wealth of info on me and, see whom is in my network, which circles we have in common and all.

That's how it is if you are active online, especially in social media, anything you put there is there for anyone to find. Different usernames really doesn't help, except on secure sites like this. Sooner or later one social site gets tied to another and, before you know it, Google knows who you are across multiple sites.