1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Undyne the Undying fight

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by twitchtwelve02, Nov 15, 2016.

1. twitchtwelve02

Out Status:
    All but family
    How to get past the Undyne the Undying fight on Undertale Genocide route? I'm so lost... :slight_smile:

2. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Tips for the fight itself? If that's the case, here we go.

The green sections of the fight are mostly memorization. They display in the same order every time. After bashing your head into the wall hard enough, you'll figure it out, if not just that your fingers figured it out. Trust your eyes more than the arrows that are highlighted red as an indicator for which arrow is coming next, it will lie to you. It's better to memorize the reverse arrows as a pattern than to register them as backwards in the moment, at least that was the case for me.

For the red sections where she encases you in a circle of spears, they both have the same general method, look at the furthest out layer of the circles. What I actually do, and this might be wrong because I died several times on both of my genocide route playthroughs, is move towards the spear pointed at me in the outer layer instead of trying to dodge the inner layer. To me it looked like the outer layer spears always pointed in the gap of the inner layer, so if I went towards those spears, I'd go through the gap in the inner layer and be able to do so continuously. The most natural turn of events to keep you safe when dealing with this attack is to be overall moving in a circle.

As for equipment, you're gonna want a good stock of healing items, but not some of the maximum ones. If you took the snowman pieces, those each heal 45 HP, I think, and are pretty reliable. I tend to use dog salad/dog residue, but you've gotta be willing to gamble if you're gonna go that path. Whether or not you get salad when you use the residue mid-fight is random, and the salad itself will randomly heal you for anywhere from 2 HP to a full health restore. You can get the dog residue in the room north of where you'd find Shyren. All you have to do is play the song that the music box plays when you give the statue the umbrella (if you don't wanna do all that backtracking or have troubles hearing pitches, the song is this: center, up, right, center, down, down, right), then enter the room that opens up (and yes, you do have to deploy the dog that appears in your inventory when you enter that room).
    For weapon, I'd say you're going to want the most powerful one accessible at the time, which are the ballet shoes. You can find those in Waterfall if you don't have them already. Go to the area south of the telescope that Sans would've marked in with red in the pacifist/neutral route, and then go as far west as you can. Eventually you'll hit a patch of grass, the shoes are in there.
    For armor, you have two options I'd recommend, and which you choose depends on preference and playstyle, honestly. One are the cloudy glasses and, while they don't protect you as much as the strongest armor currently available, they make your invincibility frames longer. This'll mean if you get hit, you'll have a bit more time to orient yourself in case you made a potentially fatal mistake (but you will take more damage from the single hit, of course). You can buy the cloudy glasses from Gerson, everyone's favorite turtle. The other option is the dusty tutu, which provides the most defense you can get at the time (because no matter how much you die, you can't get Temmie Armor in the genocide route). You won't have the small grace period that you get with the glasses, but you'll take less damage from a hit. If you haven't found the tutu yet, it's behind the waterfall in the room with the falling rocks.

I hope that's what your asking for/hope that helps. If you need anymore help or that wasn't quite what you were looking for, feel free to get in touch with me again. Good luck murdering people (lol)

3. DragonKingUK

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I spend HOURS trying to do this damn fucking fight. My speed was SHIT! First bullet hell game I've ever played. I used youtube videos to help me get advice for the fight.

But I have to say.

All the training in the world won't prepare for the final fight.

Good luck my friend, good luck. You're in for a VERY bad time.

4. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wrote her attacks on a sheet of paper, since they're the same every time.

I recommend using a sea tea for her red attacks. It makes you faster, so you have more time to avoid her attacks.

Personally, the red heart parts (especially when she makes circles of spears around you) were the hardest. I used a controller for that one, since an analog stick gave you more liberty. However, I'd use the keys for the green ones.

It's really a case of ''git gut''. The fight is insanely hard, but you haven't seen anything yet...

5. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This...is incredibly true. *war flashbacks* It's also exactly why I recommend not using the items that will max out your health for the Undyne fight (Bscotch Pie in this instance, but later the insta noodles too). Save those for the last fight, you're gonna need it.

#5 AgenderMoose, Nov 24, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  6. Jellal

You can do it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I beat her with the snowman pieces and used Tough Glove for the fight, which wasn't even the best choice.
    Good luck, she's very tough but maybe not the hardest fight.